Left Behind

Everyone was on their way to the bifrost while I was in my room with Loki and the kids. We didn't want the kids to come to the bifrost with everyone so we kept them behind to say goodbye to Loki. Nari was taking it the hardest as this is the first time that they're going to be apart since Loki found him. Loki was knelt on the floor with Nari clinging to him.

"It's alright little one, I'll be back before you know it"

"Everyone always says that they'll be back, but they never end up coming back" Nari had tears streaming down his face

Loki pulled back to look him in the eyes, wiping away his tears "Nari, I promise that I will do everything in my power to make it back home to you. Y/N will be here with you while I'm gone and so will Freya. No matter what, little one, you will not be alone."

Nari nodded and reluctantly stepped back so that Freya could jump into Loki's arms. She had a big smile on her face and launched herself at him which make Loki laugh.

Freya put her little hands on Loki's cheeks, making him look at her "Don't worry, Papa, I'll take care of mama and Nari!"

"I know you will, they're very lucky to have you" He kissed her cheek and stood up, with Freya on his hip. He held out his hand to Nari which he took immediately and then looked to me "Are you ready my love?"

I gave a small smile "As ready as I'll ever be"

We made our way to Frigga's room and left the kids with her so that I could see everyone off at the bifrost. She kissed Loki's cheek, wishing him luck and brought the kids inside. Loki took my hand and teleported us to the bifrost. Everyone looked over at us when we appeared and Tony came over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Don't worry so much, kid, we'll be just fine. Take care of Pepper while I'm gone?"

"Of course dad, it'll be nice to have the company"

Tony patted my cheek and went to talk to Pepper while Bucky came to my side "Hey, Doll, I'm sorry that you have to stay behind."

"It's alright, Buck, I get it. I worry about you all though, be safe out there."

He pulled me in for a hug "Of course, I can't let you lose your best friend. Your life would be so boring without me"

I laughed "It most definitely would be" I was then pulled out of his arms and brought into a bone crushing hug by Thor

"Take care of yourself in our absence sister!"

"I need to breathe to do that, Thor"

"Sorry" He put me down "I promise that I will look after my brother and your family, I have no doubt that we will be victorious!"

"You always say that, but I know you'll take care of them" He smiled at me and stepped back to the rest of the group. I looked to Loki then and kissed my knuckles.

"Darling, this is not goodbye. We'll back before you know it"

I flung myself into his arms and held him tightly "Come back home in one piece, we need you"

"I love you Y/N, try not to worry too much while we're gone"

I kissed him deeply "I love you, Loki" He kissed me again before letting me go and standing with the rest of the group. They all waved one last time and just like that they were gone. I sighed heavily and made my way back to the palace with Pepper.

The second we got to Frigga's room, Nari ran over to me and grabbed my hand. I squeezed it and gave him a reassuring smile which seemed to relax him a little bit. Pepper took Freya and we all made our way out to the gardens.