Misunderstanding

It was starting to feel like a pattern of waking up with a pounding head not remembering what caused it. Slowly opening my eyes, I noticed that I was in my bedroom and hooked up to various monitors. I didn't dare to sit up, but turned my head when I heard someone clear their throat next to me.

I saw a figure sitting in a chair next to my bed and had to blink a couple of times to clear the fog from my eyes "Loki?"

"You're awake." His voice was oddly stiff

"When did you get back?"

"A couple of days ago, it seems that you've been unconscious for four days now."

I rubbed my eyes and very slowly sat up to a sitting position "I guess I should've waited for you to be get back before I helped Bucky. I'm assuming that you've met him by now?"

"Yes, I've met the soldier."

"Is everything alright?"

"Are you really asking me if everything is alright?" He sounded angry this time

"Um...yes?" I said hesitantly, hoping to get some sort of explanation for his anger.

"Let's see, I come back from being interrogated by the Allfather to find that you attempted very complex telepathic healing alone which in turn basically put you into a coma. When I come to see for myself that you were still breathing I find a strange man in your room who all but threw me out. It took both Steve and Thor to calm him down and allow me to enter. It seems your new...friend...is very protective of you." He put emphasis on the word 'friend'. Loki was clenching his fists now and glaring at me

"Loki. I can expl-" I was cutoff by Loki humorlessly laughing

"I'm sure you have quite the tale to spin. I just wanted to make sure that you were going to wake up again, I'll leave you to be with the soldier now." He got up and quickly left my room. If I hadn't felt so damn weak, I would've run after him.

I felt like crying, but I sensed someone standing in the doorway. I looked over to see a very guilty looking Bucky staring at the floor. "Y/N...I'm afraid I've made things worse for you..."

I sighed "Bucky, it isn't your fault. It sounds like you were trying to protect me while I was out of it." He looked up at me then and I patted the bed next to me. Very slowly Bucky made his way over and sat down on the edge of the bed.

I grabbed his hand and gave it a little squeeze "I'm not upset with you Bucky, Loki misunderstood and I'll talk to him later about it."

"Are you sure? I owe you a lot for helping me and all I did was upset the scary God."

This made me laugh and Bucky seemed to relax when I did "Really, it's not your fault. You couldn't have known how he would react. Now, how are you feeling?"

"Much better. Even though he didn't want to, Loki finished what you had started and blocked off the rest of the HYDRA memories. I can't even begin to thank you enough for what you've done for me. You've given me my life back. How can I ever repay you?"

"You don't owe me anything Bucky, it was the right thing to do. You could answer something for me though..."

"Anything"

I hesitated, not wanting to cross a line "I was in your mind for a long time. I saw all of your memories."

"Right..."

"So, does he know?"

"Does who know what?" Bucky furrowed his brows at me

I rolled my eyes at him "Steve obviously. Does he know? How you...feel about him?"

Bucky turned bright red "Oh...Um...well...I don't. I'm not sure I-"

He was cutoff by me putting my hand on his shoulder "Bucky, you don't have to be embarrassed. I can't tell you what to do, but for what it's worth I think you should tell him."

"I'll...take it into consideration. Do you need anything? You must be hungry, I can help you down to the kitchen?"

"That would be great, thank you" Bucky helped me out of bed and held his arm out for me to hold onto. I was still pretty weak so I was leaning on him more than I cared to admit, but he didn't say anything. He was very patient with me and we very slowly made our way to the living room. Luckily I was holding onto Bucky because Tony all but knocked me over when he pulled me into a hug "Sparky! We were so worried about you. Don't ever do that to me again!" Tony was still latched onto to me

"I need to breathe Tony!"

Tony stepped back "Oh, sorry. How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright, a little weak but I'm awake. So, that's a good sign."

He laughed and took my arm from Bucky to lead me the rest of the way to the table. Tony left to get me something to eat while Bucky took a seat next to me. Thor came into the room then and ran over when he saw me. I held my arms out for a hug and he didn't hesitate in wrapping his arms around me.

"I was so worried about you sister. I didn't know what to think when I arrived back at the tower and was told you were unconscious. You gave us all quite the scare!"

"Sorry Thor, I promise that I'm alright."

I spent the rest of the afternoon with everyone reassuring them that I was in fact ok and not just faking it for their sakes. We ultimately decided on having a movie night and I was settled in between Thor and Bucky. I only made it about halfway through the movie before I fell asleep on Thor's arm. I woke up again when I felt someone pick me up off of the couch. I looked up to see that it was Bucky so I just rested my head on his shoulder, I was way too tired to try and walk myself back to bed. I almost immediately wished I had the strength to walk on my own though because when the elevator opened to my floor, Loki was standing there and it was hard to miss the hurt in his eyes when he saw me in Bucky's arms. I wanted to say something, but he very quickly turned around and retreated back to his room. This time, I couldn't stop the tears that fell from my eyes and Bucky quickly got me to bed and let me continue crying in his arms.