Change of Plans

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was that Loki wasn't in bed. I slowly sat up and looked around the room and finally noticed an envelope sitting on his pillow. I looked at it with furrowed brows and opened the letter:

My Darling Y/N,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this to you. I have gone back to Asgard and I will be informing the Allfather that the deal is off and that you will be staying in Midgard. I've watched you trying to come to terms with leaving your family behind and I can't stand idly by any longer. The only reason you're being forced to choose is because of me so I'm taking myself out of the equation. Your family means everything to you and I can't allow you to be taken from them. I promised that I would do anything to keep you happy and if that means that I have to step aside, then I will do it. Please do not try to come after me, the bifrost will not open for you. I am not doing this because I no longer want you, I am doing this because I love you so deeply. There's nothing in these nine realms that make me happier than you, Kaerasta, but I can't be happy if you're not happy. I beg you to try to understand where I'm coming from in this decision. Live your life, Y/N, find happiness and move on from me. If there ever comes a day that I can return to you and offer you a life with both myself and your family then I will return for you. I love you with ever fiber of my being and wish you nothing but happiness.

Always Yours,

Lo

With the letter clutched in my hand, I sprinted out of the room and down to the helipad. I yelled for Heimdall to open the bifrost so many times, I tried begging and pleading. Nothing worked, the bifrost never opened. I don't know how long I was out there shouting, but I ended up on my knees clutching the letter to my chest and sobbing.

I heard someone come running out to me and put their arms on my shoulders "Sister, what has happened? What caused you to be in this state? Where's Loki?"

I stopped crying when he said his name and looked up at Thor "Loki's gone."

"Gone? What do you mean he's gone?"

"I mean, he's GONE! He went back to Asgard and left me here!" I threw the letter at him and watched him read it with wide eyes. Once he was done, he folded the note up and I ripped it from his hands "Did you know?"

"No! Sister, I swear. I had no idea." Thor pulled me into a hug and let me cry into his shoulder "I promise you, my lady, I will get to the bottom of this and make him pay for causing you pain."

Thor pulled me from the ground and led me inside. Tony, Steve and Bucky were just walking into the living room when they took in the sight of us. They all came rushing over to me asking what was wrong. I handed Steve my letter and he read it out loud to everyone.

Tony started pacing around then while Bucky held me tight to his chest. Steve looked shocked and turned to Thor "Can't you just get him to come back? It's a noble thing that he's trying to do, but this isn't right."

Thor nodded "I will go back to Asgard and speak with my brother. I will return when I can, sister." Thor ran back outside, summoned the bifrost and just like that, he was gone too.

Bucky looked down at me "Doll, how about we get you back to bed?" I nodded and let Bucky bring me back to my room. I started crying again when I saw Loki's door and Bucky was quick to get me inside my room and into bed. He never let me out of his arms and put my TV on to distract me.

After awhile I looked up at Bucky "What if he never comes back?"

"I don't know. If that's the case then we'll figure it out together. All of us, as a family."