Don't Be Childish

JARVIS had me up bright and early the next day to get back to training with Steve. I crawled out of bed and made my way to the training room. Steve was already mid spar with Nat when I got to the room. I watched them for awhile until Nat had Steve pinned and he tapped out. I clapped and smiled at her "That was incredible Nat! You have to teach me that."

She laughed and held out a hand to help Steve up "I can show you right now, you ready?"

I practically ran over to her and got into my 'battle stance'. I kept up with her for awhile, but I fumbled a bit and she took the opportunity to sweep my leg out from under me, knocking me to the ground. I got back up and went a few more rounds with her until I was too exhausted to continue. We continued with some stretches and once I had caught my breath I did some more sparring with Steve.

Steve held up his hands in surrender "Great work today Y/N, but I think we're cutting it close to your lessons with Loki"

I glanced at the clock "Yeah, I should get over there. Thanks guys, see you later!" I waved to them as I ran out to the other training room hoping I wasn't too late. I walked in to an empty room and took that time to sit and focus on deep breaths to clear my mind. That's usually what Loki had me start with anyway. Eventually, Thor walked into the room and looked around.

He looked at me with a confused expression "Where is Loki? I thought he'd be here already"

"I was hoping he was with you, I haven't seen him"

"That's odd. He's never late. Perhaps he got tied up with something, I'm sure he'll be along shortly" Thor smiled and went to his usual chair.

We sat there waiting for another twenty minutes before we decided that Loki wasn't coming. We ended up calling it a day and headed out.

Thor stopped me before we left the room "I will go speak with my brother and figure out why he has blown us off"

I held my hand up to stop him "Don't worry about it Thor, I upset him yesterday so I'm not entirely surprised that he didn't show up today..."

"What happened my lady? Do you need me to talk to him for you? He can have quite the temper."

"No, no. There's no need for you to talk to him. It was my fault, I'm sure he just wanted time to himself and will back tomorrow." I gave a reassuring smile and led us out into the hallway. I wasn't entirely convinced that this would blow over easily with Loki, but I was trying to stay positive. I hadn't spent a lot of time with Tony lately so I decided to head down to the lab to see what he was doing.

Tony looked up when I knocked on the doorway "Hey Sparky! It's been awhile, how are you feeling?"

"I'm good Tony, I'm getting better with my combat training as well. I almost took down Steve!"

This made Tony laugh "I'll have to make sure JARVIS records your training so that I can see you knock Ice Pop on his ass!"

We continued talking about my training while Tony fiddled around with various equipment until JARVIS called us for dinner. I loved that no matter what, we always sat down and ate together, really made me feel like I had a family. Tonight was another movie night and it was Thor's turn to decide on the movie so he chose How to Train Your Dragon because he heard the characters were Scandinavian and for the obvious fact there were dragons involved. I sat on my usual couch with Thor, but kept glancing over at the empty spot next to me. I really hated arguing with Loki, I missed his company.

The next day continued in a similar manner, early combat training with Steve and Nat and then heading to the other training room to wait for Loki. Once again, Loki was a no show. I decided that this was ridiculous and went to his room. I knocked on the door and there was no answer. I gave up and went about my day. I thought that maybe a peace offering would work so I brought him dinner like I used to do and knocked on his door once again. Still no answer "Loki? It's Y/N. I'm sorry for being intrusive the other day, can we just start fresh? I brought you dinner." I waited and received no reply.

I sighed and put the plate down outside of his room "I'll just leave this here for you in case you're hungry." I walked back to my room and curled up in bed. Why was he still so mad? Is he ever going to forgive me? I ended up tossing and turning all night worrying if I ruined my friendship with Loki.

I was a little late for training with Steve, but he didn't seem to notice. I hadn't slept well so I wasn't keeping up very well with Steve and he definitely noticed "Y/N, are you alright? You seem a little off."

"Sorry Steve, I didn't sleep well last night"

"Everything ok? You can talk to me you know?"

"I know, thank you for that. It's really fine, I promise."

"Ok, if you say so. Let's call it a day and we'll pick back up in the morning."

I downed some water and made my way to the other training room. I shouldn't have been surprised when I saw it was empty yet again. Now I was angry, maybe I had pushed my limits asking him about his heritage, but that didn't mean he could ice me out forever. I stomped up to my floor and saw Loki was just about to go into his room "HEY!" I shouted from the elevator. Loki quickly turned around and looked at me. I continued walking right up to him "What's your problem?! You've been avoiding me for days now and I'm quite sick of it!"

"I haven't been avoidi-" He stopped when he saw how angry I was

"I get it, I crossed a line when asking you all of those questions, but I thought we were friends!"

"We are friends"

"Oh yeah? Well friends don't flip out at each other and then ignore each other for days without some form of an explanation!"

"It's...difficult...to discuss my past"

"Then tell me that! I would've stopped asking questions, but if you're truly my friend then you would be able to tell me things"

"I CAN'T TELL YOU ABOUT WHAT I AM" He was staring me down and getting angrier by the second

I was just as angry at this point though "WHY NOT? WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN??"

"WHAT IF I TELL YOU AND THEN YOU NEVER WANT TO SEE ME AGAIN?!"

I hesitated when he said that. I calmed down a bit and hesitantly continued "Loki...whatever your heritage is...you're still you. You're still Loki. It's not going to change anything or change how I feel about you"

"You can't know that!"

"I can!"

"FINE! But don't say that I didn't warn you." He took a deep breath and then looked to the floor. Slowly, his skin faded to blue and he had raised white markings that ran all over his body. "Now you see me. A monster. I'm Jotun, a frost giant. Parents tell stories of my kind to scare children into behaving."

I couldn't understand what he was so ashamed of, sure he was a different color, but he was still Loki. I stepped closer and cupped his cheek with my hand forcing him to look at me. "Nothing I see before me makes me think any different of you. You're beautiful Loki." I smiled at him and he just stared at me in awe.

Before I could comprehend what was happening he grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to him and crashed his lips to mine. I was stunned, but quickly melted into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck. All too suddenly we heard the elevator ding and Loki quickly released me and ran into his room closing the door behind him. Thor walked out of the elevator and walked over to me

"Lady Y/N, have you spoken to my brother? Is everything ok with you two?"

"Uh...yeah. I think we're ok now. Thanks Thor." I walked past him and into my room. I shut the door behind me and leaned against the closed door.

What the hell just happened?!