Now We Wait

When I woke up, I immediately looked over to Loki and saw he was still not awake and looked like he had barely moved. I sat up and saw that Thor was fast asleep in the chair next to me with his feet on the bed. I smiled to myself and lightly touched his leg, making him slowly open his eyes.

Thor rubbed his eyes "Sister, you're finally awake. How do you feel?"

"I feel good, how long was I asleep for?"

"Two days"

"Two days?!"

He laughed and sat up straight in his chair "You used a lot magic, my lady, you needed the rest"

"How's Loki? Has anyone said anything?"

"Mother was by just a bit ago and she said they won't know until he wakes up"

I sighed and looked over to Loki, pushing his hair out of his face and tucking it behind his ear. "Thor?"

"Yes, sister?"

"Do you think that he's going to be ok?" I looked back to see Thor give me a sad smile

"I wish I knew. My brother always seems to avoid death, hopefully it'll be no different this time" He cleared his throat "The kids are with Tony, I know that they're anxious to see you"

"Right. I should go let them know what's going on. Will you stay with him? You might think it's silly, but I don't want him to be alone."

"It's not silly, I will stay with my brother until you return"

I got off the bed and gave Thor a long hug before returning to my room to get a much needed shower. When I was done, I made my way to Tony and Pepper's room and gave a quick knock before letting myself inside. I looked around and saw that the room was empty, but noticed a note on the coffee table. 'Sparky, if you're finally awake you'll find us out in the gardens. The kids needed some fresh air.' I laughed and headed outside the palace towards the gardens.

I stopped once I saw everyone in the distance and just watched them for a minute. Tony had Freya on his shoulders, pretending they were an airplane. Nari was sitting with Pepper reading a book, occasionally looking at his sister and smiling at her little giggles. I slowly made my way closer to them and Nari finally spotted me and jumped up from Pepper's lap.

"Mama!" He came running over to me and I knelt down to catch him in my arms, holding him tight.

"I'm sorry I was gone for so long, I didn't mean to sleep that long"

"That's ok, Uncle Thor said that you needed to rest after healing Papa"

Tony made his way over with Freya and Pepper and handed me the little girl "How's Mischief doing?"

"About the same. He's still asleep, we won't really know anything until he wakes up. Where is the rest of the gang?"

"Since the threat is gone, Odin sent them home. We were only allowed to stay because Thor demanded it."

I gave a small laugh "Remind me to thank him for that, it's a huge help having you here. I know the kids love having you both around. How about you guys go enjoy the market in town? I'll take the kids to see Loki for a little bit"

Tony nodded and promised they wouldn't be long so that they could help me out. I took Nari's hand in mine and led the way back to the healing wing. Nari was filling me in on the past two days and what he did with Tony and Pepper. He seemed to be following in Freya's footsteps and calling them 'Pops' and 'Pep'. It was great to see him warming up to the family.