The Return of the Valkyrie

I heard a small gasp from behind me. I turned around when I heard "Y/N?" I turned to see Frigga standing in the doorway with her hand over her mouth, looking at me in shock "Y/N, is that really you?"

I gave a shy smile "I believe so, just a new and improved version of me?"

She slowly shook her head "We thought we lost you, my dear, we were going to give you a proper funeral. Odin made me wait, now I know why..." She walked closer to me and fully took in the sight of me "He's succeeded in bringing the Valkyrie back to Asgard" A huge smile grew on her face "It's been far too long since we've had the honor of having Valkyrie here"

Frigga gave me a small bow before holding my hands in hers and kissing my cheek "I'm so proud of you, daughter, you will make a great Valkyrie"

I threw my arms around her and hugged her tightly, she didn't hesitate in hugging me back just as tight. I slowly moved out of her arms and took a step back, I was about to ask her my many questions when I heard crashing in the distance. We both turned to see an out-of-breath Thor in the doorway. He rushed over to me and picked me up in arms, swinging me around.

"SISTER! I came as fast as I could"

I laughed "Yeah, a little too fast it seems"

He put me back on the ground and patted my cheek lovingly "I'm so happy I didn't have to say goodbye to you. You gave us all quite the scare"

"I felt you. Holding me. Thank you, Thor"

"I gave my word, I didn't put you down until mother made me move you in here. I only left your side to look after the children"

"How are they? Do they know what happened?"

Frigga stepped up then "Don't worry, we told them you were resting. I had a feeling that Odin was up to something and it didn't seem right to worry them until necessary"

"Thank you for that" Frigga led me out of the room we were in and into the palace. I didn't know where she was leading me, but I didn't bother arguing with her. I turned to see that Thor was walking a step behind us, smiling at me. I was led towards the steps of the palace where I saw Odin was standing at a podium.

When I got closer, I saw that beyond him were many Asgardians, the Einherjar and dozens of Valkyrie. Frigga lightly shoved me to keep me walking towards the podium. I stopped when I got next to it and everyone dropped to their knees, arms over their chests, bowing to....me?

I looked over to the Allfather who didn't drop to a knee, but gave a small bow as well. He looked back out to the crowd "You may rise" He waited for everyone to stand before continuing "I am honored to announce that the Valkyrie have returned to Asgard. We all have Lady Y/N to thank for that, without her, we might have never gotten to see them again." He turned to me "Thank you, daughter, for bringing the Valkyrie home"

There were cheers and clapping from everyone, but Thor was by far the loudest. Odin raised his hands to silence everyone after a minute "I am proud to announce that Lady Y/N will be in charge of restoring the Valkyrie to their full might. I'm sure you all have many questions and I assure you, you will have answers. For now, let's be thankful and welcome back our beloved sisters in arms. Lady Y/N, would you like to address your Valkyrie?"

He stepped back and allowed me to stand in his place. I stood there for a moment, just taking in the sight of the Valkyrie. MY Valkyrie. I had a strange sense of pride wash over me and smiled at them all before crossing my arm over my chest as they did for me and allowed my wings to spread out wide behind me.

"I am so honored to be given the opportunity to serve Asgard. I swear that I will do everything in my power to not let you down. My fellow Valkyrie, I thank you for your service" The Valkyrie bowed to me again while everyone started cheering again. I looked back to see Odin who nodded at me.