46

"Look, there's dad." Luther said as he pointed to Mr.Hargreeves standing on the grassy knoll. "What do we do?"

"Shit." Five and Eight exhaled as they looked to eachother. "Diego."

As if on cue, Diego darted out of the building and towards the grassy knoll. His eyes looking at nothing but his father standing under that stupid umbrella with his stupid black outfit.

Number Two dove and brought the man to the ground. Even with the strong hit, Diego was quick to realize it wasn't Reginald Hargreeves he tackled. It was his driver, who dressed up and acted out his role perfectly.

Soon, the loud bangs of gunshots were heard, and that set off all the people who came. Crowds were running and yelling in panic, doing anything to clear the area.

"No!" Diego shouted.

The radio beside the trio started to talk again. Playing out the exact scene they were witnessing. "KILF bulletin, from Dallas, three shots were reportedly fired through at the motorcade of President Kennedy today. Near the downtown section."

Number Two took hold of the driver's collar and brought his face uncomfortably close to the man's. "Where the hell is he?"

The man on the ground remained silent, but pulled out a single folded piece of paper. The note was unfolded by Diego, but the words written on it only brought shame upon him. There it was, the fine printing he knew too well:

I TOLD YOU SO.

XXX

The whole crew, The Umbrella Academy, was currently watching this television on the news channel with hyper focus. It presented the scenes from today and the suspects for the shootings. Everyone dressed in something new, because they were all feeling a little dirty. Well, everyone except for Eight and Five. (Y/n) only changed out her collars shirt for a new one, and Five claimed he didn't have the time.

Five was so in to watching this television, he didn't notice (Y/n) using his legs as a back rest as she sat on the floor and braided Klaus's hair once again.

Now, the reporter was ringing off possible associates of Lee Harvey Oswald, showing pictures on screen.

"Vanya Hargreeves." The television said as a picture of her was shown, "wanted in connection with the several deaths of FBI agents inside the federal building in the Dealey plaza."

Vanya didn't even bat an eye, as her expression remained un-fazed. Sure she felt bad, but they shouldn't have tortured her in the first place and maybe her powers wouldn't have acted up.

(Y/n) tied off Klaus's braid and stood up, now paying more attention as she knew hers would be coming up soon.

"A Cuban exile known only as Diego.." the television showed next the mugshot that was taken of him. All of them furrowed their brows at the label for him, and Diego was the first to bring it up, "Cuban?"

".. who was recently escaped from the Holbrook Sanitarium with the help of our next suspect.."

Next (Y/n)'s mugshot appeared. She looked at it and chuckled as she saw her old annoyed self in the shot. She remembered them telling her to stop glaring at the camera, but eventually gave up after four tries. The shot looked much more aggressive than Deigo's, her rolling her eyes with a busted lip, bleeding nose, and bruised eye. "Charming," Five commented, as to which she replied with the same eye roll as on the photo.

"(Y/n) Hargreeves." The television described, "an aggressive individual who was arrested for the violent murder of an officer. This girl recently escaped from a Juvenile Detention centre, and is now considered a dangerous fugitive."

All eyes turned to her and she shrugged, "what? Guy was a douche."

They all turned back to the television as it started talking again, "a bare-knuckle boxer with suspected Mafia ties with who fights under the alias 'King Kong'." Luther sighed as he remembered his boss firing him and fighting all the time.

The woman standing next to Luther appeared on the box next, "Allison Chestnut." It said, "a Negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stadler's lunch counter."

"And finally.. Klaus." Some sort of artistic photo shows instead of plain one like the others, "the controversial cult leader and known tax evader."

There was a pause and next a photo of Five struggling to stand on the shadows to see over the fence showed next, "The FBI is asking the public to be sure n the lookout for this unidentified boy, who they believe is being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network."

Five shrugged, "does definitely feel like it sometimes."

(Y/n) laughed lightly at the thought of Five being held against his will. It was probably funny because it was impossible for anyone but Eight.

Five's hand reached down to hers, slowly intwining their fingers. This was a reason that he knew the sentence he just said was quite untrue, as he could not get enough of her.

The television was left going, but no one was paying any mind to it. The Umbrella Academy was left to ponder on why to do next. "God, I hate that photo." Diego grumbled referring to his mugshot, "at least Eight's looked badass."

Allison followed by her own statement of hatred towards the assumptions about herself. She scoffed, "they're saying I instigated the riot? That's unbelievable."

Silence fell over only for a few seconds, before Luther, as usual, saw the positive outlook only. "Look, the good news is that we restored the timeline and stopped doomsday. So-"

"Yeah, a bunch of god damn heroes." Diego scoffed, "we let Kennedy die."

(Y/n) was so done with his obsession, that was her last straw. Five felt her let go and immediately held her shoulders to not allow her to approach Diego, who was getting a death glare he was intensely avoiding. "Diego, are you kidding? If we saved him the world would go to shit, history would get screwed up. Next thing you say about JFK, is getting carved in to your forehead with a knife."

Diego rolled his eyes in response, holding back his tongue as he knew the next thing he said would be on his forehead.

"Well, now we're officially the most wanted people in the world." Allison chimed, "the FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the secret service. I mean, it's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here. And, I don't know about you guys, but I can't turn invisible like (Y/n). Even if she turned us invisible, how long would it last?"

(Y/n) took a deep breath in and exhaled in a sigh. Getting caught was never a concern for her, even if she wasn't able to turn invisible. After a long time of running from a bunch of different things, the police are the least harmful of those other hunters. "What do you suppose we do then?" She asked as she took her spot back beside Five.

"I have this yurt just outside Reykjavik." Klaus suggested as he lazily came down the stairs, "we could totally lay low there. The folks are a little weird, but lovely. Welcoming-"

"Hey, numb-nuts." Five interrupted, "hiding's not gonna make a difference here. The commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go."

"He's right." Diego agreed, "they'll never stop."

Five and Eight snapped their heads towards him.

"What?"