23

(Y/n) stormed into Elliott's still flaming with rage. She didn't look at all at what was around her. Elliott was laughing about something but that only fuelled her anger. She walked right passed everything and navigated her way to the table. She plopped herself down and rested her hands on the table. Why is Lila such a pain in the ass? How come there's always something in the way of them trying to save the world? Why is it always them that has to save the world? Where the hell did Lila come from?

This all made her very angry. Her blood boiled and she balled her hands in frustration. She sprang up from her seat and searched the house for any sort of alcohol. She found some whiskey and poured a little into a glass. She downed it and then poured herself some more. She was about to drink that too, but Five teleported infront of her and snatched it from her.

"(Y/n)."

She reached for the glass but he moved it farther away from her. "Hey! Give it back."

"I'm not going to let you drink your emotions away." Five stated plainly. He took the whiskey bottle and put them both on the highest shelf out of reach. "Instead, why don't you tell me what's wrong. She's not bugging you, is she?" He motioned to his head, obviously meaning Astaroth. His mere presence made her feel more relaxed. She wouldn't explain her feelings to anyone but him. She took a deep inhale before starting.

"It's just, everything is just.." she rubbed her head in pain, "I can't deal with Lila right now. Astaroth didn't make it even past the vortex that got me here. I've been without you guys for three years thinking you guys forgot about me, and now that we're together again, we have to save the world. Which, nobody seems to care about. For some reason these stupid Walmart Ken dolls are after us. And I'm a wanted murderer for something that I apparently was wrong. And-" She continued as her eyes started to fill with the stress she's been holding in, "my head hurts, and I'm tired. I don't feel well.."

Her voice broke off at the end which made Five's heart feel like it physically split in half. She was trying hard not to cry and he could tell, but she was failing. He didn't blame her one bit for crying. She has every right to. She's been here the longest and has clearly been through a lot. He thinks part of it is also because she is tired and hasn't slept.

He slowly moved towards her and wrapped her in a gentle hug. He softly rubbed up and down her back. A silent sob escaped her lips as she hugged him. It's been a awhile since she's been comforted like this and is just so thankful for Five. "I understand how you feel, okay? But all this that is happening, we'll get through it. Together. Like we always do. You and I."

She pulled away but kept her arms around him, "you and I."

He ruffled her hair and stepped back. "We should probably get some rest now, but we can't do that until you feel better."

She rubbed her eyes, "I think we can."

"No, it's not happening." He deadpanned, "how about we play a game if cards?"

She smirked up at him. "You're on."

XXX

After a few Agnes of playing cards, (Y/n) had got every prison story there was out of her system. It was very therapeutic. Five enjoyed it as well, listening to her talk. But right now, he was starting to get frustrated as she placed down her last card for the millionth time.

"I don't get it!" Five threw his hands up as he slouched down, "you beat me senseless every time!"

She picked up her deck of cards and smiled, "What's this? I'm better than Five Hargreeves at something?"

He sat back up, "I let you win."

She laughed and wrapped the elastic band around her cards once more, "those are the fine words of a loser with a big ego."

Five rolled his eyes and stood up off the floor, "you're not wrong."

She stood up as well with a smile, "I know."

He bumped her with his shoulder, "feeling better now?"

"I am, yes." She nodded, "thank you for that, Five. Seriously."

He walked over the the couch and flopped down, "thank god. My eyelids feel like heavy bricks."

With a roll of her eyes, Number Eight sat herself on the end of the couch awkwardly.

"Eight."

"What?" She asked.

Number Five rolled his eyes and gestured towards himself, "I think we're past the awkward-sleeping-arrangement stage. Get over here."

She rolled her eyes again and climbed in a little section between Five and the back of the couch. He turned to face her and kissed the tip of her nose. "What do you think I am? A teddy bear?" She asked.

"Yes. And a very cute one." He replied as he closed his eyes and wrapped an arm around her.

That was not something sober-Five would say. She was just thinking back the card games, and realized Five had been drinking whiskey. Maybe he was a little tipsy.

"How much whiskey did you drink during our card games?"

"Too much."

With that answer, she shut her eyes and snuggled in.

Soon enough, they drifted off to sleep.

XXX

"When the hell did you get here?" (Y/n) asked as she jumped up and hugged Luther despite all her aching parts.

He caught her easily and and chuckled, "last night. But I got to this era a year ago."

She slid down and landed in front of him with a yawn, she did just wake up after all. "What've you been up to? Growing Bananas?"

Luther rolled his eyes and continued making breakfast for himself, "I actually have a job and a house." He said proudly.

She sat herself at the table and rubbed her eyes to wake herself up, "that's shocking."

"Whatever." Number One snickered, "when did you get here?"

"Three years ago." She answered as she put on a pot of coffee with her telekinesis.

"And what have you been doing?" He taunted but still had a shocked look on his face, "going into seventh grade?"

"I've been in juvie, actually. Escaped that and now I'm a wanted murderer." She corrected as she stretched.

"That's somehow not surprising to me." Luther chuckled, "sounds like you."

"Thanks, Luther." She smiled sarcastically as she massaged the aching bruise of her face and stomach.

"Where's Five?" Number One asked.

"Out cold on the couch." She chuckled, "guy was a little tipsy last night."

When she looked back at him, her heart fluttered when she saw his sleeping face. He always looked so innocent when he slept.

Soon Diego rounded the corner, "ah, family bonding."

He pulled out the chair next to (Y/n) and sat down next to her. "This seat taken?"

"It is now." Number Eight smiled. But, she couldn't help to notice how worried Diego seemed to look.

"Spit it out."

Diego looked to his sister, "w-what? Spit what out?"

"Something's on your mind." She stated, "I can tell. What is it?"

"They keep following me."