28

"Yeah, but you guys were always making sick little moon-dog eyes with each other all through puberty and breakfast and all that." Klaus shot back.

Vanya was confused, "aren't we all brothers and sisters..?"

"Well, technically-"

Klaus interrupted Allison, "'technically'? If you have to say the word 'technically', you're already in trouble."

"But Five and (Y/n) are a thing." Vanya pointed out, "how is that any different?"

"I wasn't actually adopted by our father. I wasn't signed off to him like some delivery package like these other morons. My parents abandoned me at the doorstep." (Y/n) explained.

"And who cares!" Klaus interjected, "Five and Eight are made for each other. They have so many things in common! And not to mention the chemistry-"

Number Eight flushed bright red and smiled, "Klaus!"

"Okay, now, can we focus?" Allison asked, "I mean, clearly, clearly, we won't be saving the world tonight. But maybe, maybe, we can at least try to save my marriage."

Vanya and (Y/n) groaned, while Klaus shouted, "No!"

Everyone aside from (Y/n) took a sip from their various alcoholic beverages, but then Klaus continued. "No, because, that's like... that's like asking a nun how to hump someone's leg."

Everyone scrunched their eyebrows but just went along with it.

"Who in this room knows shit about relationships? This one?" He asked as he pointed to Vanya. "She's in love with some farm girl."

"Her name's Sissy." Vanya corrected.

"Which is a massive improvement since her last love interest." (Y/n) chimed, "who happened to be a raging serial killer. Quite the guy."

Vanya's eyes must have opened to twice their size as she asked, "what?"

"Later." Allison waved off, meaning she'll explain it later on.

"Meanwhile I'm carrying a torch.." Klaus exclaimed as he held up his hand as if he was carrying one, "for a soldier I technically haven't met yet. And, Luther is in love with his sister." He pointed to Allison.

"Okay, again, we're not biological." Number Three repeated, starting to get a little ticked off.

Now (Y/n) was starting to stop drinking and realizing she had to get to Five. She assumed he would've left a note or something at Elliott's.

"Face it, the healthiest long-term relationship in this family besides Five and (Y/n) is when Five was banging that mannequin."

Number Eight rolled her eyes. She forgot about Delores. That little-

"The only thing the Umbrella Academy knows about love... is how to screw it up." Number Four clanked his bottle against everyone else's and they all took a sip. "Cheers." They grumbled.

(Y/n) took the last swig from her bottle and thanked Allison for allowing her to come before stating she was leaving.

"Whyy?" Klaus whined.

"Five and I kinda got this thing going on that involves saving the world." She shrugged sarcastically, "you know, and I've been locked up for three years, I gotta stretch my legs."

They all smiled and waved her off as she turned and started on her way back to Elliott's. For a woman who's had a rough up-coming, life didn't seem so bad in this moment. The gentle breeze, the way her cheeks hurt from smiling with those three. Everything seem okay. But, she knew not to get used to it. Not yet. Hopefully one day.

XXX

When she got back, Luther and Diego were both on the couch, but they handed her a folded piece of paper they said Five teleported back to get them to give to her. They both whacked her on the back as she left, which she assumed was for good luck.

The paper had an address scribbled onto it in rushed hand writing. She began to worry and started to run. She knew exactly where it was, and it wasn't that far.

She shook everything from her mind and came up to a strange abandoned paint factory door. The glass looked to be busted open by something. Or maybe someone. She turned invisible and quietly made her way inside. She was immediately met with Five and Lila going at each other.

Damn it, Five. She thought, I wanted to do that.

"Is that all you've got?"

Five jumped again and tried to swing a pipe at her, but he only hit a generator.

Lila kept taunting him, and Five kept hitting harder. (Y/n) watched as every hit Five tried to make he was getting more and more tired. Lila jumped down from on top of a table and started to hit him. Number Eight was starting to get pissed. She moved to where they were fighting and waited for the right time to step in.

Five shoved Lila hard to the ground, creating about three feet between them. That's when (Y/n) stepped in the middle of them.

Lila stood up and smirked, "fed up yet, Five?"

Lila went to kick him but her leg was caught by an invisible force. (Y/n) appeared and smiled sarcastically at Lila. "I am."

She twisted her leg really hard and got her on the ground. Number Eight stepped hard on her throat, and waited.

"You're better than I thought." Lila wheezed to both of them.

"And you're entirely average." Number Five snarled back.

(Y/n) stared down at Lila, drilling her dirty look deep into her brain. Lila was getting a little frightened.

"Don't kill her yet, (Y/n)." The Boy warned, still a little startled by her entrance.

"Your call." (Y/n) answered.

"You can come out now!" Five called over his shoulder as he kept a steady eye on Number Eight.

But, she had to try something. She had to figure something out. She looked deeply into Lila's eyes and let her thoughts run wild. She knew Astaroth could get in to other people's heads and mess stuff up, so she wanted to try it. She trained her eyes and focused hard, and eventually said; long time no see.

Lila twitched in pain from the deep growl in her head. She looked up to (Y/n) and knew by her eyes she wanted to ever so desperately tear all of her limbs off.

What seems like thirty seconds after Five called, clacking of heels was heard nearing. "Well done." Her voice drawled once she appeared. "The both of you figured it out." She congratulated.

"It wasn't that hard." Five responded, "she fights like every one of you commission drones."

The Handler hummed, "no matter, here we are. Together again."

(Y/n)'s eyes narrowed at the Handler, who hasn't taken her eyes off of Five. "Joy." She responded with venom easily detected in her false smile.

The Handler seemed to take a quick second to even recognize who it is.

"I gotta ask.." the woman started as she puffed smoke from out of her mouth. "Did you miss me you little shits?"