26

Everybody sat and waited for Five to start talking. Klaus was showing off his braid that (Y/n) did, while pouring himself a drink.

Diego was rolling is eyes and fidgeting with the folder he was holding.

Allison was talking to Vanya, trying to ease into being sisters again and she keep fighting the urge to rub her throat.

Luther was staring off at Allison, wondering what he did wrong.

And finally, (Y/n) was staring at the ceiling and tossing a paper ball up and down. She stopped to look around the room at her siblings and a sense of home washed over her. Home isn't always walls and a roof, to (Y/n) Hargreeves, it was this group of people right here.

Number Five finally found the right words to say and spoke up, "alright. First off, I just wanna say I'm sorry. I really screwed the pooch on this whole going-back-in-time-and-getting-stuck thing. But, the real kick in the pants here is we brought the end of the world back with us."

Klaus stopped walking around and turned around in shock, "oh, my, God. Again?" He looked around to see if anyone was as shocked as him, but no one was. "All of you knew?" He asked rhetorically, "why am I always the last one to find out about the end of the- oh, my, God. My cult is gonna be so pissed." He realized, "Five!"

"I thought you said it wasn't a cult." (Y/n) recalled with a light smirk.

Number Four rolled his eyes at her, "who cares what it is? I told them we have until 2019."

"We have until Monday." Five deadpanned, "we have six days."

"Is it Vanya?" Klaus asked as he took a sip of his drink.

Well, we all know everyone was silently asking the same thing.

Vanya looked slightly insulted, but Allison noticed and spoke up. "Klaus."

"What?" Number Four asked, "it's usually Vanya."

Number Seven just ignored him, "do you have any leads, Five?"

"Yeah," Diego chimed, "we have one." He handed Allison a folder and urged her to open it.

She opened it to see a blurry photo of Reginald. She was flabbergasted, "holy shit, is that dad?"

Klaus and Vanya leaned over to look as well.

"In the flesh." (Y/n) piped as she sat up so Klaus could sit beside her on the couch. Once he sat down, she laid back down with her head on on his lap.

"That's him?" Number Seven questioned.

"And he's standing on the grassy knoll." Diego commented, making (Y/n) groan. "Diego-"

"(Y/n), Diego, and I have been trying to talk to dad about what exactly this means." Five interrupted, knowing they would've been bickering forever.

"And have come up immaculately short." (Y/n) added.

"No." Diego corrected, "we found out he's trying to kill Kennedy."

"Maybe." Number Five dismissed, "but we don't know who or what sets doomsday in motion. Could be Kennedy, could be something entirely different. But, if we know something about the timeline, we have to make it right again."

"Yeah," Allison piped, "but how are we supposed to fix it if we don't know what's broken?"

"Come on, do the math." Number Two urged, "we know dads having shady-ass meetings with shady-ass people. We know he's on the grassy knoll in three days to kill the president. So, I think, we all know what we have to do."

(Y/n) could just vision this starting argument. But still, she asked; "and what is that?"

"Find dad." And "kill dad." Were both said at the same time by Five and Diego. They then turned to look at each other.

(Y/n) and Klaus chuckled in amusement. It was so expected it was comical.

"None of us are supposed to be here, right?" Vanya joined in, "I mean, what if it's us?" She theorized. Everyone thought about it for a moment and realized she had a point. "Has anyone here done anything to screw up the timeline?"

The silence was so loud. Everyone took the time to look at each other, everyone wondering was going to speak first.

"Diego's been stalking Lee Harvey Oswald." Luther piped.

"And you're working for Jack Ruby." Diego shot back.

"Allison has been very involved in local politics." Klaus added.

(Y/n) sat up, "Klaus, you started a cult."

"Thank you!" Ben spoke, making Klaus roll his eyes.

"(Y/n) is the most wanted murderer in Dallas." Allison chimed.

Number Eight smiled sarcastically, "what can I say? I'm passionate."

"I'm.. I'm just a nanny on a farm." Vanya butt in, "I don't have anything to do with all that."

"Well, technically you might." (Y/n) corrected. "You might just not know it yet." Allison agreed.

Diego let out a low whistle which made them all stop arguing. "Listen to yourselves." He prompted, "everything in our new lives is connected to Kennedy." He urged, "that can't be a coincidence."

(Y/n) was so sick and tired of all this president shit she was about to explode. But, she took a few internal deep breaths and let him continue.

"Luther works for Ruby, Allison is protesting the government, (Y/n) was arrested, dad is standing on the grassy knoll, and Klaus is.. doing some weird and pervy stuff but is probably still related." He reasoned, "See, clearly, we were all sent back here for one special reason. Saving John Fitzgerald Kennedy."

"Diego, if I hear one more god damn thing about the president come from your mouth, I'll-" (Y/n) was about to smack him upside the face but Allison stopped her. After that, everyone's arguments overlapped each other's. (Y/n) gave up fighting with everyone after about thirty seconds. No one would agree with her, and she was about to take someone's head off. So, she took a deep inhale, and sat on the arm rest of the couch.

Number Five on the other hand, was completely silent. The images of the nukes falling, his siblings dying, and the encounter with Number Eight before he left her there. It bothered him how they all just wasted time. Except for (Y/n), of course. She was one of the only sensible one at times.

"Guys, you all die!" Number Five piped, his voice wavering unsteadily.

(Y/n)'s face sunk into guilt and sorrow. She felt bad that it was Five who always had to see those awful things. By the look in his eyes when he looked at her, she could tell she had said something to him in that time that may have tugged on his heart strings.

"I was there. I wanna forget it but I can't."

Everyone finally shut up and listened to him. All of them feeling sort of guilty for fighting.

"I saw Russian nukes vaporize the world with all of you in it.. in a war that never happened until we brought it here." He went on, "and Hazel gave his life to save us, so you may may need to shut up and just listen to me."

"I don't know if the things we experienced here are all connected. I don't know if there's a reason for everything. But, dad will. We need to talk to him before everyone and everything we know is dead."

(Y/n) analyzed each of her siblings faces. She was hoping with all of her body that they would finally agree to help like she did. The hurt in Five's voice was easily detected, which only made her even more for saving the world. She prayed it would help her siblings cave.

"Okay, I'm out."

Of course, typical Luther, had to go and spoil it.