36

As she rounded the corner to the alleyway with her two coffees in her hands, she was met with an anxious Five, a rushed Luther, and an eager Diego. She immediately wished she got more coffees. Although, hers was half finished and she assumed Five's would be gone just as soon.

Five kept walking as he grabbed her arm, "walk with me."

"I got you a coffee." She said as she handed him the full one.

He looked to her and gave a small smile. The kind that showed he was grateful, but under a lot of stress. "Such a doll you are." He said as he thanked her and took the coffee. Immediately taking bigger sips than a sane person.

They kept walking and she looked at Diego, "what's going on?"

Five handed her a watch and put it around her wrist as they kept walking. "Diego you're getting Klaus, and Luther you're getting Allison." Number Five reminded as he tightened her watch -he held his coffee cup in his teeth like those moms do-and grabbed her hand as the brothers split up. "Don't be late."

"Got it."

"I won't."

Number Five was satisfied with their answers and parted with them. "You and I, doll, are getting Vanya."

"So, why the rush?" She asked as they neared the car, "you're just that excited? Or did she double-cross you like I said?"

Number Five opened the car door for her and then closed it shut as she got in. This did not go unnoticed as her insides fluttered. He closed his door as he started the car, "bit of both."

"Elaborate, Five."

"I got the briefcase," he confirmed as he drove off a little faster than she is used to. "But she only gave us ninty minutes to round up our family and shoot ourselves back to 2019."

She chuckled darkly, "son of a bitch."

Number Five turned a corner and chugged down more of his coffee, "it's essentially impossible. To get everyone, I mean. They're all over Dallas, and they're not too keen on the idea of leaving. There's barely any chance of success-"

Number Eight patted Five hand that was on the gear shifter comfortingly as she took the last sip of her coffee. "Its okay, Five. I'll drag them by their hair if I have to."

He smiled at her for a quick second. This was the same kind that she saw earlier when she gave him the coffee. She offered her hand to him and he interwove his fingers with hers in a flash. He drank the rest of his coffee and put the empty cup with (Y/n)'s, "that was nice of you, thank you."

"Welcome." She nodded as they rounded another corner but this time they saw another car coming as well.

They peered out Five's window and saw Vanya staring right back at them. Shit.

XXX

"What're you guys doing here?" Vanya questioned as they walked up to each other.

"Looking for you." Number Five answered, "we're going back to 2019."

"What're you talking about?" She asked confusedly.

"Look, I don't really have time to explain right now." Five explained hurriedly as he kept checking his watch, "but, we found a way home. Alright? We have thirty minutes to leave."

Sissy and Harlan was all Vanya kept thinking about. "What about my friends? I cant just leave them here."

(Y/n) was going to let Five explain, but if Vanya started being rude or disrespectful, she would step in. In fact, she really has the best chance against Vanya if a fight were to break out right now. Sorry, Five.