12

"So, I thought you guys were all siblings?" Lila questioned, breaking up the moment.

Five and (Y/n) spun to look at everyone. Both their faces slightly flustered, but Five's had no shame.

"Well, we're not even biological siblings." (Y/n) started, "yes, I know, still kinda weird. But, my parents left me on the doorstep of the Academy when I was like a few months-old. Because of that, I wasn't technically adopted by my 'dad', so.. I'm basically not related. But I still kind of am, but not at the same time-"

"Our family is complicated." Diego concluded, backing her up because he felt bad. She was already burning from blushing and now because of embarrassment trying to come up with a logical explanation.

"Exactly." Five agreed, turning back towards Elliott. "So, where were we?"

XXX

"Is it on?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean? There's an 'on' button. Just, there's something over that jigga-ma-thing. Whatever."

Their eyes were all on the screen as they watched an old married couple try to work a film camera.

Elliott was tied to a dentist chair and kept on struggling to try to get out. With a few more attempts, he realized it was pointless and stopped with a defeated sigh. His voice was muffled by the tape over his mouth.

Lila was painting his toenails green, simply just minding her own business. She wasn't really watching the film at all, but was listening. "They're so cute." She gushed, "I love old couples. I'm always so proud of them for not murdering each other."

Number Eight glanced at The Boy for a quick moment after hearing that. She stopped spinning the pencil she found around her finger and sat up. "Yeah, but I'm sure there's times when they want to." She commented, thinking back to the times where she almost punched Five in the face. And all the times back in prison when she wanted to.

Number Five's lip tugged into a slight smile but never took his eyes off of the screen. He knew she was right.

"Why are we watching this?" Diego questioned, speaking everyone's mind.

"Yeah, I.. I'm Dan Frankel. And-"

"I'm Edna Frankel."

"-Edna Frankel. We're in Dallas, Texas, to see the president."

(Y/n) tossed the pencil back in the holder and stood up. She figured it was probably gonna be helpful if she tried to focus. Five took a step sideways to create room for her to stand next to him.

When she did take the spot beside him, she felt his hand slowly lacing together with hers. Butterflies came back to her stomach, but she did her best to not pay attention to them. He squeezed it gently for reassurance, but he would be lying if he said it wasn't for himself. He knew it was probably dramatic for him because it had only been a few days since he'd seen her, but he never wanted her to leave his side again. And plus, he doesn't even know how long she's been here for. Maybe she needed it just as much as he did.

"Today's date is November 22nd, 1963."

"Well, that's six days from now." Lila observed, astonished at the fact this film was from the future.