20

The ice definitely helped the pain a little. Five gave a small smile down at her as a thanks for the appreciation. He honestly didn't mind taking care of all her wounds, it was no problem for him.

"Which, for the record. I already found him." Diego stated. Both Number Five and Eight scoffed.

"And then let him go before we could have a meaningful conversation." Five reminded as he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. He then handed it to (Y/n) so she could read it as well. He saw that she was curious about it.

"He stabbed me." Diego defended.

"I'm surprised he waited this long, Diego." (Y/n) piped, "I mean, we've all had the urge."

Lila laughed at this comment. It made (Y/n) stop teasingly smirking at Diego's dirty look. She got pretty uncomfortable about how happy Lila was at the thought of stabbing Diego.

"Good one." She laughed as she held up her hand for a high-five from (Y/n).

Five seemed to glare at her which made her put her hand back down. Not that (Y/n) was going to give her a high-five anyway.

"Good thing I know where he's gonna be tonight." Five stated as he took the paper from (Y/n) and held it out to Number Two, who gladly grabbed it with a sigh. "Where'd you get this?"

"Found it in his office while he was busy stabbing you." Five tauntingly informed. Diego glared at him this time, making The Boy chuckle.

""Hoyt Hillenkoetter and the Consulate General of Mexico in Dallas cordially invites you to a gala"."

Elliott seemed to perk up at what Number Two read off the paper. "Whoa, wait. Hoyt Hillenkoetter? Are you serious?"

All of them looked at him confusedly.

"You guys besties or something?" (Y/n) asked as she readjusted her ice bag to the giant bruise on her stomach. She winced a little a first but then felt a little relief when the pain went down a few notches.

Five's eyes burned with worry at that. He pried his gaze away from it and looked up at Elliott.

Diego chuckled at her sarcastic question. She heard him and side eyed him in amusement.

Lila gasped, "we should go." Her and Diego looked at each other, "says there's gonna be a seafood tower." She observed.

"Do you know him or not?" Five asked impatiently.

"No, Hillenkoetter is one of the.. the Majestic Twelve." Elliott answered.

"What the hell is the Majestic Twelve?" Diego questioned as Lila fed him some food, which he did take.

"W-What?" Elliott puzzled. He was confused as to how none of them knew who they were. "It's a- a secret committee." He moved himself over to a desk with a bunch of photos on it. Everyone sat there and watched his every move. "Uh.. scientists, military.. deep slate. No one really knows what it is that they do."

Diego was pretty interested in that, "so, wait, they're government?"

"Shadow government." Elliott reformed, "Kennedy was the first president to try and push them into the light." He informed as he dug through some photos to try and find one of them. "But, these guys aren't to be trifled with."

Elliott finally found the photo and laid it down on the table. Everyone leaned in a bit to look at it. Number Eight winced a bit as she sat up off of Five's lap to look at it. Number Five gave her a concerned glance, but she waved it off and he returned his eyes to the photo with a sigh. Elliott pointed one man out in particular, "that's Hoyt right there."

Number Five hummed as he look at it. The girl beside him was trying to find their dad. But, she didn't see him.

"Wait, I only see eleven." (Y/n) observed.

"Well, that's because they've only identified eleven so far." Elliott explained.

That's when it clicked for Number Five and Eight. They looked at each other in realization.

"Who's the twelfth?" Diego wondered. But when he looked up at (Y/n) and Five, they both urged him to think of it himself. That's when it hit him as well. Now they all knew who the twelfth person is.

And it wasn't someone who was unidentified to the Hargreeves. I'm fact, it was their own father.

XXX

Diego, Lila, and Five all tiptoed and hid behind a car. Number Eight was forced to stay back by Five, who told her that her injuries needed to heal. Diego and Lila were dressed in fancy clothes like everyone else, while Five just didn't bother.

"So, what's the plan?" Lila whispered.

"We infiltrate, we identify, we extract." Diego answered, "double time."

Lila turned to Five confusedly, "what the hell is he talking about?"

"Find the old man and out fast."

Five turned to his left at the sound of her voice to see (Y/n) crouching beside him with an innocent smile. He wasn't as happy though. "I told you to stay back, Eight."

"Well, I'm not a dog." She countered, "and besides, I would not be here if I wasn't able to move."

Five still didn't look convinced.

"I just want to help." She exhaled, "I'm feeling okay. They didn't give me a first aid kit back when I was locked away. If I don't feel good, I'll tell you and you can teleport me back, deal?"

Number Five looked down at her outstretched hand and pondered for a moment. He then shook it, "deal. Promise to tell me if you don't feel well?"

"Promise." She agreed.

Five let go and looked back at Lila and Diego. "What she said. Find the old man, and get out fast. Let's go."

"That's what I said in the first place." Diego argued, but dropped it quick as he realized it was pointless to fight right now. "On me." He coached as he ran and hid behind another car.

Lila turned back to the pair and motioned for them to go first, "after you."

Number Eight and Five just glared back at her. They both knew it was all in the act.

"What? I can't be polite?"

"Cut the crap, alright?" Five snapped, "my dimwitted brother might buy your bullshit, but I don't trust you for a second."

Lila didn't get as scared of Five as she did of Number Eight. Just her whole vibe seemed very much like a hardass. Both Five and Eight only seemed to be nice to each other, anyone else they were an asshole too, Lila thought. "Oh ye of little faith."

"Stick it up your ass." Number Eight spat.

Lila looked at Five's death stare, and then at Number Eight's. That's when she turned and followed Diego to the next car.

"Taking my lines now, are we?" Five fussed, turning back to Eight with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes and gave him a shove as she went around him and turned invisible. She then made her way over to Diego and Lila. Five gave his own eye roll, and followed to the car. Once the coast was clear, Diego led them all inside.