Chapter 22

The European tour went well and passed by quick. And luckily nothing seemed to change the dynamic of the group at all, which Louis was grateful for. Though he talked to Harry about it all - his past with John - and Harry wasn't even upset about it. Barely bothered. He trusted Louis and knew how Louis felt, cared, loved and treated Harry. There was nothing to worry about from that perspective, though he became more cautious of John. More than half of the crew knew about them, so they ended up telling everyone. And Louis did trust them as they swore to not leak it. Even though it was just the crew that knew about them, both Louis and Harry felt lighter after telling them. And felt like they could be closer on soundchecks and behind the scenes than they could before. 

Harry followed along to the soundcheck to take some new behind the scenes pictures for Louis' instagram. Though before the soundcheck could start Louis and Harry sat on the floor in front of the stage while awaiting everyone. It was just the two of them along with Paul and John that arrived on time. To avoid any tension between them and John, Louis and Harry waited on the floor meanwhile John plugged in his bass. Louis sat in front of Harry who sat squatting behind him as Louis picked up Harry's phone. 

"Ooooh, we got a text from Niiiiiall.", Louis said teasingly to which Harry looked over Louis' shoulder to see what it was about. "Just kiss the man, he is yours!", Louis read out loud making Harry giggle. 

"Well how does it sound, man?", Harry asked to which Louis immediately turned his head to look at Harry who smiled. 

"Imma tell ya both what I think about this.", Louis answered and turned his face back to the screen of the phone as he started typing. 

Hazza: The man approves. 

Harry giggled and looked at Louis from behind as Louis opened up the front camera. Louis mostly opened it up to fix his hair as Harry wrapped his arms around Louis from behind and started placing multiple kisses on his cheek. Louis chuckled before he smiled at the camera while snapping a picture. 

Nialler: As if he would deny it. Also, the heck? You asking for permission??🤣

Hazza: I did it!!!🥵

"Why that emoji? I didn't run a marathon to kiss you

"Why that emoji? I didn't run a marathon to kiss you.", Harry giggled as he sat down on his bum behind Louis, wrapping his legs around Louis' waist. Louis chuckled and leaned his head back against Harry and tilted it backwards to look up at Harry who got his phone back from Louis.

"Because I know you. You think I'm that hot so you get all red and sweatyyyy.", Louis chuckled and pursed his lips as Harry gasped, trying to look offended but the red color creeping up on his cheeks gave it away. It was true. 

"I dO nOt!", Harry said with a slightly more squeaky voice which caused Louis to burst out laughing. 

"Weird, cause it looks like you're bluuuuushiiiiing."

"Shush, I am not!", Harry pouted and hid his face. 

Louis chuckled and moved his hands on top of Harry's hands that was covering his face. Harry giggled and his face was twice as red when Louis finally managed to uncover it. 

"Awwwwww!", Louis teased while chuckling and let his hands on Harry's cheeks pulling his face closer to his own and gave Harry multiple kisses on his lips. Harry giggled and kissed him back each time. Their kissing got cut short by one annoyed voice coming from the stage:

"Are you actually gonna work or are you gonna waste our time by drooling on your boyfriend?"

Both Louis and Harry looked up at the stage to see John rolling his eyes as he stepped away from the microphone. Harry unwrapped himself from Louis who got up on his feet to get up on the stage, but not before giving Harry one last - longer - kiss on the lips. Harry giggled as he kissed Louis back. Louis made an unnecessary loud smacking sound as he pulled back from the kiss. Harry licked his lips giggling and leaned back on his arms that supported his body weight. Louis smiled proudly as he turned around and walked over to the stage and jumped up on it. 

Harry stayed on the floor with his camera, taking pictures of the band and Louis doing their soundcheck. It went amazing. No one missed a chord, no technical difficulties. Harry and Louis kept exchanging smiles, looks and winks. Even though Harry wanted to include them all since they also were a part of the show, his main focus was obviously on Louis. But as he took pictures of the other members he noticed how John continuously put up a front for the camera but as soon as Harry took it down or directed it to someone else his real annoyance was shining through his entire body, bright as neon lights. Especially the jealousy seeing the way Louis and Harry could communicate even through just their eyes and body language. It was really stinging in his eyes seeing Louis and Harry literally bloom before him. 

After a while they took a break as the first soundcheck was done. There was a few things technically that needed to be fixed, being the volume of the sound for the instruments and some of the lights had been put in the wrong order by the dashboard. 

Louis took his bottle of water and sat down on the edge of the stage where Harry met him up. Harry placed his camera next to Louis as he stood between Louis' legs that was hanging off of the edge. 

"So what do you think?", Louis asked before he took a sip from his water meanwhile Harry rested his forearms on Louis' thighs. 

"It was amazing. Though quite loud bass in the third song.", Harry said with a smile but quickly got it wiped off of his face hearing John huff from behind Louis. 

"Of course. The bass was too loud. But everyone else was perfect, hm?", John said while rolling his eyes as he adjusted the band holding the bass in place over his shoulder. 

"No, you were good. I just thought it was slightly louder in the third song...", Harry said and both him and Louis looked over at John who once again rolled his eyes. 

"Honestly guys. If my mic would've fallen closer to the drums, I'm sure Harry would've commented on that too.", Maxwell intertwined as he already saw where it would be going if it continued. 

"Yeah, right. Your mistake would've just been a cool effect, meanwhile my mistake is a mistake needing to be fixed.", John muttered and took the base off of him. 

"Where are you going?", Louis asked as he had now turned around facing the stage with Harry standing still on the floor but next to him. 

"I'm gonna go and pee. Am I allowed to do that, Louis?", John snapped with an aggressive tone, more than necessary. Louis groaned as he tilted his head back in annoyance and shook his head.

"Take your time, John.", Louis said even though John had already walked out of the there. 

"Maybe I should wait outside?", Harry said and placed the cover on the camera lens. 

"No way! I want you here.", Louis said with a pout as he looked at Harry who placed the camera back in its' bag next to their jackets on the floor. 

"I'm clearly bothering him."

"Just ignore him. He is grumpy and acting like a child. Plus, you're one of the crew as well. You're working here just as much as he is.", Maxwell said from behind the drum set.

"And you're my focus. Can you imagine what a disaster it would be if you weren't here and I had to see only his grumpy face in the corner of my eye the whole time?", Louis said as he turned back to face Harry and cupped his face in his palms. Harry pouted and looked up at Louis while leaning his head slightly to the side to lean on Louis' palm. 

"Alright, for you only.", Harry said as Louis leaned his face closer and nodded his head smiling before he pecked Harry's lips. 

"Yes, don't give a shit about him.", Tim said as he hung the guitar back on his body as John came back from the restrooms. 

Harry gave Louis a kiss before he walked over to their jackets and took a seat on the floor meanwhile they started soundchecking for a second time.