𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 (𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦)

"so your uncle had to break you out?" the red haired tamer asked her fellow tamer, who nodded in response. "yeah..." she muttered as she ran a hand through her hair. "so that's why i was didn't come with you guys." she added as she pressed her head against the wall and looked up at the ceiling. "the last couple of days was a complete mess for me..." she finished. the red haired girl sighed before standing up on her two feet.

"come on." she said as she extended a hand towards amari. "the boys are probably waiting for us." she stated. the plum haired tamer nodded her head as she reached out and grabbed rika's hand. the tomboy hoisted her up and let go of her hand, stretching immediately. 

"school floors suck." amari groaned as she rubbed her side. rika rolled her violet eyes at the girl before turned her back towards her and opened the door to the classroom they slept in. "well, no one told you to sleep on the floor." she snorted. amari rolled her eyes at her words, following the girl out of the classroom.

"and you thought the desks would've been a better option?"

"it beats sleeping on the floor." the redhead stated as she opened the door to the neighboring classroom.

"...but i saw jeri in the evening." the brown haired tamer spoke, confusing amari. "and that's not possible since it takes hours to matsumoto from here." he stated. the two female tamers strolled over to the two boys who stood near the window. "it just doesn't make sense." takato finished. the red haired tamer raised an eyebrow and placed a hand on her hip. "are you sure you're not seeing things?" she asked, watching the boys turn around. "who knows? maybe your goggles were on too tight." she joked. the plum haired girl shivered as she felt a breeze pass through an opened window.

"did you two open the window?" she asked as her golden brown eyes trailed to the window. the blue haired boy blinked before his eyes wandered towards it. "i don't remember leaving it opened." he stated. a brief silence had washed over them as the curtains fluttered against the wind. 

"it was jeri." the brown haired boy said as he turned to face his friends. "or jeri's ghost." he added. the three of them gasped at his words. "i know it sounds crazy." takato started. "i mean, she couldn't have gotten here that fast if she hitched a ride on a jet plane." he explained. "and the way that she looked? i don't know..." he muttered softly, walking over to his digimon and resting a hand on him. "there's something about this that gives me the willies." he finished. the red haired girl chuckled at the brown haired boy. 

"oh please." she scoffed. "you get the willies when you lose a sock!" she joked, earning an elbow jab from the amari. the redhead winced softly at the minor assault. "we all hope that jeri's okay, takato." the plum haired tamer said as she looked over at him. rika nodded in agreement. 

"she's been freaky ever since we got home." she stated solemnly, earning a nod from henry. "well, she has been through a lot." he said. takato hummed lowly in agreement. "i know, but it's not just upset." he said. "it's more than that." he added, frowning.

"it's like something's broken deep inside." he said sadly.

-time skip-

the plum haired girl's eyes wandered cautiously around the now evacuated streets of shinjuku. it was so eerie seeing such busy streets completely empty and quiet. 

"how are you holding up, mari?" the blue haired tamer asked, looking over at the girl. he watched as the female tamer observed her surroundings solemnly. the moon inspired digimon in her arms looked up at her tamer worriedly.

"mari?"

"huh?" the plum haired girl asked, her eyes wandering down at lunamon. "what's up?" she questioned as she raised an eyebrow. "henry asked how were you holding up." the white digimon stated. amari blinked before looking over at her friend. "oh, sorry." she apologized. the half chinese tamer shook his head. "you're fine." he reassured. the dark skinned tamer hummed lowly as her eyes wandered down to the ground below her.