𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

the second to last amari intermission...yall sad, yet?

__________________________________

it was now night time and the tamers ended up retreating to rika's house after successfully finding takato and guilmon.

the plum haired girl sighed softly as she lied down on the floor. her honey brown eyes glued to the ceiling in deep thought. 

'we never properly thanked alice...' amari thought. 'she had to sacrifice her friend without any say in the matter...' she continued. she let out another sigh as she sat up from her current position. her eyes wandered over to the tamers on the floor, who had went to sleep in the main room of the redhead's home. her eyes then wandered to the moon rabbit digimon who had slept next to her. the girl smiled down at lunamon as she carefully placed a hand on top of her head.

'i don't think i could handle losing lu.' she thought. 'she's my best friend and losing her would destroy me..' she added, retracting her hand away from her digimon. the plum haired girl blinked as she heard footsteps. she turned around quickly, only to see the blue haired tamer standing in the doorway.

"oh." henry spoke quietly, gray eyes staring at the girl. "you're awake." 

amari nodded her head as she quietly stood up and walked over to him. "what's wrong?" she asked, tilting her head. "guilmon's snoring woke you up?" she questioned, earning a quiet chuckle from the boy. "you know it." he said. "couldn't sleep?" he asked. the dark skinned tamer chuckled sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her neck. 

"something like that." she said. her brown eyes wandered up at the dark sky above them. she hummed softly as she took a step forward, taking in the night air. "it's a nice night." she said as she sat down on the steps that had lead to rika's backyard. the blue haired tamer nodded as he turned around and looked up at the sky with her.

"it's the darkest i've ever seen shinjuku." he stated as he sat next to her. the plum haired girl next to him nodded her head in agreement. "yeah..." she murmured quietly. "i wish it wasn't." she sighed. henry hummed, raising an eyebrow.

"scared of the dark?"

"as if." the dark skinned girl snorted. "i just think that the night sky looks a whole lot better with the stars adorning it." she explained. "without the stars or the moon, the sky is pretty empty." she stated as her eyes lowered to the ground. "it makes me sad, to be honest." she murmured as she wrapped her arms around her knees. henry blinked in confusion before turning his head towards her. "why?" he asked. amari sighed softly as she placed her chin on her arms. 

"i love stars." she muttered softly. "and the moon too, but i mainly love stars." she stated. "as a kid, my parents loved taking me out on walks at night." she explained. "mom was an astrologist teacher and taught me how to point out constellations." she said, reminiscing her time back in taito. 

"so you take the space case nickname literal?"

"i mean..." the plum haired tamer hummed as she looked up at the sky briefly before looking over at henry with a big grin. "i prefer star child better, but space case just stuck." 

both of the tamers chuckled softly at the girl's remark.  

"y'know amari." the blue haired boy started, gaining the girl's attention. "yeah?" she asked as she tilted her head. "you really have changed from the first time i met you." he stated, earning a nod from the girl. "you think so?" she asked, watching the boy nod his head. 

"you were so quiet and to yourself on your first day." he started, looking up at the sky. "i always thought that you were pretty interesting." he added. "during lunch, you would always sit at the back of class just to yourself." he stated. "you were always drawing or staring off into space." he chuckled. amari felt her face heat up at his observation.

"please don't bring up the staring off into space." the girl muttered, a pout evident on her face. "it's embarrassing." she muttered. henry shook his head at her statement.

"i thought you were cute doing It."

amari could feel the steam exit her ears. "you're definitely teasing me." she murmured softly, eyes wandering over to him. "that qualifies as rude." she pouted. the blue haired tamer chuckled at amari before placing a hand on top of her head. "sorry, but it's fun teasing you." he smiled. the plum haired tamer rolled her eyes at him before looking down at the ground below.

'yeah right.'

__________________________________

oh look at that...an amari intermission.