𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘰 (𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦)

quick note: so, i lied. i'm starting off this chapter at episode 24, "a journey begins". sorry about that

____________________________________________

"excuse me, henry?" the plum haired girl asked over the phone. she scurried off into her room with the house phone. "you're telling me that there is a portal to the digital world?" she finished, closing her door behind her. "dude, you didn't tell me that when you debriefed everything to me!" she exclaimed. 

"i didn't know he would create a portal, mari!"

"henry, now i have to try to tell my family that i have to go to the digital world to help our world!" amari exclaimed, catching her digimon's attention. "mari, what did you just say?" she asked. the girl's golden brown eyes wandered up to her partner. "you heard me right." she muttered. "apparently, the last fight we missed, the deva created a portal." she said, watching lunamon's pink eyes widened. "you're kidding, right?" she asked. the young girl shook her head. "henry, is there anymore you have to inform me of?" she asked. amari heard a sigh on the other end of the phone. 

"we don't know where the portal is...and calumon got kidnapped."

"henry!" amari shrieked. "you did not just say that, right?" she asked, feeling a headache coming on. "you have no idea where it is at all?" she finished. the boy on the other end sighed. 

"amari, yelling at me isn't helping the situation."

"i understand, but i completely out of the lo-"

the young girl paused as she heard a knock on her bedroom door. "henry, i'll call you later." she said, ending the phone call. "yes?" she asked, looking back at the door. "mari, asa, yuzu, and aunt shi are here." tamaki informed. "they wanna come in and talk to you. the plum haired girl blinked and nodded. "uh, they can come in." she informed. the young girl heard a few footsteps.

"mari, its-

"asa, just come in already."

with that, the band of plum haired people barged in the young girl's room, causing her digimon partner to jump slightly. 

"amari, bad news!"

"elaborate." the young girl said, sitting down on her bed. "because if it's even worse than the news i already got, then i'm gonna have to ask you guys to leave." she muttered. the younger twin sighed. 

"so there's a portal-"

"yuzuru, i know." she sighed. "i just got of the phone with my friend. he informed me already." she stated. the plum haired woman in between the boys closed the door behind her. "so, you boy weren't lying." she said, walking over to her niece. "mari, is that your partner?" she asked, pointing at the moon rabbit digimon. lunamon jumped again, this time in her tamer's lap. 

"judging by that reaction, she is." the plum haired woman said, looking down at lunamon. "don't worry, lunamon." she smiled. "i'm a friend." she finished, looking back up at her niece. "so, i take it you know about the portal already?" she asked. the young girl nodded. "yes. my friend henry told me before you guys walked in." she informed.  the older woman nodded. "do you know the cause of it?" she asked. the young girl nodded. "some deva digimon." she muttered. "his final blow was creating the portal before turning into data." she finished.  shiori nodded, taking a glance over at her young niece. she noticed the sadness in her eyes.

"mari, you should go." she said, catching her niece's attention.

"but, what about mom and da-"

"i'll talk to yuko and kei." she informed, placing a hand on her hip. "i'll make that the first thing on my list when i get home." she smiled, looking over at her sons. 

"asahi and yuzuru, go with her."

"excuse us?"

"what?" shiori asked. "i wanna make sure my niece stays safe in that world." she stated. she heard both of her children grumble under her breath. "either go with her or you two are grounded for a month." she said. 

"fine, fine!" the twins exclaimed, causing their mother to smile. "good!" she chuckled, looking back over at her niece. "mari, can you call your friend and tell him that you're bringing your cousins?" she asked. the young girl nodded slowly. "uh, yeah." she muttered, eyes wandering over to asahi and yuzuru. 'sorry'. she mouthed. yuzuru caught a glimpse and waved a hand at her. 'you're fine.' he mouthed back. amari gave her cousin a small smile. 

"well!" the woman exclaimed, catching everyone off guard. "i guess we shall get going!" she said, turning around. "it was nice talking to you, amari." she said. the young tamer nodded and waved a hand. "i guess i'll see you when i get back." she said. her aunt nodded. "come on, boys." she said, opening the door. the twins nodded and looked back at mari. 

"call us and tell us when you're going." asahi said. amari nodded, watching her family walk out her room. the younger twin waved and closed the door behind him, leaving the young girl with her digimon partner. 

"such a strange woman.." amari heard lunamon muttered. the plum haired girl nodded. "yeah, she's always been like that." she stated. "she work at some tech company and she helps with the testing of the machines." she informed. "mom says she's really smart. said she got a masters degree in database management." she finished. lunamon nodded, clearly not understanding a word she had said. 

"let me call henry back and tell him..." amari muttered, grabbing the phone.

______________________________________

this chapter was a little rushed tbh

i'm sorry about that. 

a lot has happen these past few days and i'm still trying to process things. 

please, I would appreciate feedback on this chapter bc I felt like I did a horrible job on it

irys out