thirty seven.

tavares

"you had one job cassidy," i fussed on the phone

"you said distract him thats wtf i did,"

"not long enough shit," i sighed. cassidy was supposed to distract luca so i could get my shot from behind.

you probably thinking why i want luca gone so bad. luca been on top of the game since we met but i put him on. i helped him when he was struggling. i introduced him to debo. i'm the one who made him who he is today.

i'm the one who was supposed to be debo's right hand. his go to. but as soon as i brought luca into the game debo put him above me, just like every body else.

and if i'm luca's right hand i'm supposed to be on top with him. but most times i feel like i'm left in the dark. him and deante be having they own shit goin and i'm always the last to know.

so enough is enough. i was finna get them niggas off the streets one way or another.

the night at the club i knew luca was gon go off to go pee somewhere so i told cassidy to keep an eye on him. distract him whatever way possible. as long as i got him i was good. but she didn't distract him long enough and cause i'm the one that got them to go the club with me i got niggas looking at me sideways. no one gon find out what i'm on tho.

"whatchu told people?" i asked cassidy

"i just told em i wanted suck sum dick which i did,"

"so you ain't tell nobody i had anything to do with it?"

"naa. with all due respect tavares ion give af about you enough to tell people whatchu on,"

"fuck off my phone," i sucked my teeth and ended the call.

i sat in the car and thought about what my next move would be. i had to get luca some way some how. deante i could deal with later but luca the one i want.

what's one thing that'll make that nigga go crazy? i thought. then it hit me. maybe cassidy breaking up luca and egypt worked in my favour because now they were completely separated meaning i could get to egypt easily.

i smiled to myself and started the car driving myself home.

*

luca santo cruz

"you ready to talk now?" i said as i let egypt in

"i'm here to get my stuff that's all," she brushed past me running up the stairs. the whiff of her perfume made me miss her more which was driving me crazy. it had been at least two weeks since i last saw/spoke to her and it was getting to a point where i couldn't go longer.

i followed her upstairs as she went from the bathroom to the room putting her stuff in the bag. when she came back in the room i stopped her in her tracks holding both her arms down.

"please can we talk?" i asked her.

"for what? you ain wanna talk before i found out now all of a sudden you wanna have a conversation. get out my face dawg,"

"ian know what i was thinking fr. i thought the less you knew the less i'd hurt you but i thought wrong and i'm sorry. she ain't even suck my dick fr i was pissing and she just came and put ts in her mouth but i backed away,"

"ewww pissy mouf," she rolled her eyes, "but if you had told me sooner i would've probably believed you. instead you tried to keep it from me so now ion know what to believe,"

"i know and i get that. this all on me. and i'm not finna force you to believe shit i gotta say but i promise you that's the truth,"

"ion know luca," she sighed, "all my trust for you out the window so how tf this shit gon work if i were to forgive you,"

"shit we'll make it work. you know how we is together. anything that's ever came our way we beat it,"

"but this is different luca. you lied! to me of all people. and never would i have thought you'd do some shit like that,"

"i know i know and like i said i'm sorry. ts eating me from the inside and not only that i miss you like crazy,"

"you cried when i left?"

"shit almost ask dee. that nigga was on my ass about you when i went to sleep that night i almost shed a tear," i said making her giggle.

"i'm still thinking about it so ion know," she shrugged, "i'm not promising anything but ima think about it,"

"preciate it," i nodded.

"wipe that smirk off your face cos i'm this close to slapping you,"

"you look good today," i smirked looking her up and down.

"move bruh i look good everyday fym," she pushed past to me to get her stuff.

"ayy i gotta talk to you about some shit tho. like some real shit i think ts had sum to do with tj,"

"whatchu mean?"

"ion know shit seem sketchy and dee said sum he on some snake shit and it got me thinking hard,"

"hmm.. i gotta send off this packages but ima call you when i get home," she said leaving out the room and going downstairs.

"i can get no kiss? no hug?" i said following her.

"pushing it," she said opening the door and walking out to her car.

"i miss you mama," i yelled from the door.

"bye luca." she laughed getting in and driving off.

whew chile.

*

egypt aaliyah ali

i unlocked the door the door to my apartment and let myself in, kicking off my shoes and sitting my keys and food on the counter

"ken you still here? i thought you left this morning," i said as i heard the tv. as i walked into the living room i saw tj sitting there with a weird ass smirk on his face. i then remembered what luca said earlier and began to panic but i played it cool.

"oh what you doin here tj? ken let you in?" i said looking around my apartment. it was no signs of kendra anywhere.

"i let myself in and kendra not here. but your boyfriend not the only one that know how to pick locks. naa wait my fault, your ex,"

"so why you here? sum happened?"

"naa but somethings about to happen." he said getting up and walking towards me.

-