thirty.

luca santo cruz

"turn this corner right here," egypt pointed, "it should be the second house on the corner,"

i looked around at the big houses and couldn't help but feel a way. all these years and it took me bumping into her and egypt and her dad for us to get. didn't even come looking for me.

"you straight?" egypt said resting her hand on my knee. i nodded and drove into the driveway. she pecked me on the cheek before taking off her seatbelt.

i got out the car after her and locked it. taking a deep breath and taking in my surroundings, i sighed and walked towards the house.

"we don't have to do this if you don't want to," egypt reassured me.

"i'm good mama," i nodded.

"i can tell you're uneasy about it,"

"ring the doorbell egypt," i chuckled and she smiled with a nod. she tiptoed to ring the doorbell then took a step back.

alaina opened the door with a smile and gestured for us to follow her inside.

"your house is beautiful omg," egypt said looking around awe. atp i just wanted to get this shit over and done with. my mood already fucked up.

egypt sat on the couch and i sat next to her whilst alaina sat across from us.

"how was the drive here?" she asked.

"long-"

"not for the small talk rn so what's the deal? you my mom, you know my mom what is it?" i said. egypt side eyed me before placing her hand on my thigh and gripping. shit lowkey turning me on but i'm mad rn.

"sorry about that," egypt reassured.

"naa it's cool i get it. i was like this when i first met our mom," alaina nodded.

"our?" i asked.

"i'm your older sister luca," she chuckled.

"wait what?" egypt asked.

"yeah i found out the day i saw you with one of my clients. i knew you looked familiar from old pictures and stuff so i asked if i had a little brother and mom said yes,"

egypt gave me a look but i just scrunched my face up. "so where she at now?"

"she should be here any moment," she said looking at her watch, "look luca i know this may be a lil hard on you just try to cut her some slack,"

"cut her some slack?" i scoffed, "where was you at when she was being a shitty ass mother to me? and how you find her?"

"she reached ou-"

"oh she reached out to you? that's crazy," i shook my head, "she ain even bother to reach out to me but was able to reach out to you,"

alaina just nodded and sat quietly like a dumbass. part of me wanted to just up and leave and forget about this whole situation but another part of me wanted to stay and hear her out.

before anyone else could say anything, the doorbell rang and alaina went over to open the door.

"wooo, you good bae?" egypt turned to me.

"straight," i nodded staring at the wall. i honestly didn't know how to feel but overall i was mad.

"oh my God," i heard as she walked in, "my baby boy," i looked up at the lady and took in her appearance. she looked better than the last time i saw her. no bruises on her face, hair done and she put on a lot more weight. i eyed her as she began walking over to me.

she fell on her knees and started sobbing, grabbing my hand and resting her head on my knee.

"i'm so sorry luca," she said in between sobs, "i'm sorry for what i did, for not being a stable mom. if i could go back and fix everything i would i swear i would,"

the urge to snatch my hand from her and smack her in the face with it was knocking at the door, but egypt grabbed my other hand making me take a deep breath and slowly calm down.

"you can get up," i said. she nodded and got up taking a seat next to her daughter. "ion even wanna talk fr. i just wanted to see how you was doin cos of a promise i made to my old friend... you know that old friend took me in as one of his own? he seen the condition i was in, in your care and decided to take responsibility of me. imagine if he wasn't there for me,"

"luca-" alaina started but egypt cut her off.

"just be quiet for a sec please," she cut her eye at her.

"you know i used to go months without eating?" i leaned forward, "my friends gotta give me sum to eat at lunch and it was barely anything but the only thing you had responsibility for was that syringe or any other drug you was always high on. imagine growing up like that. parents loving they kids, cherishing them, whilst my mom didn't give af about whether i've eaten or not. and that's not even the worst part but ian gon get into cos yo daughter told me to cut you some slack,"

"you don't have to be disrespectful luca," alaina said.

"girl," egypt laughed, "you not listening to nothing he's saying? he has every right to be mad or feel a way. imagine what's going through his head rn. especially after finding out she reached out to you first instead of- lemme not over step my boundaries,"

"who even are you?" alaina asked.

"don't question my lady please. cos she does more for me than either of you,"

"it's okay alaina. luca i understand your anger and i wouldn't personally ask you to cut me some slack cos i deserve it. i was a bad mom and i knew that. i prioritised my addiction to drugs more than i prioritised my own child. blaming you for my actions and saying things a mother should never say to her child... sorry may not be enough but i am sorry. i mean this from the bottom of my heart," she sniffed, "and as for me reaching out to alaina first, she is my first child and i figured she'd help me find you. it was already hard for me to find her so i couldn't do it alone but here we are,"

"so you knew you had a brother way before you bumped into me and didn't think to reach out or nun? and sittin there talkin bout you found out just a few days ago... you triflin ion even wanna be here no more," i got up and pulled egypt with me to the door.

"wait!" my mom yelled running after us.

"mom just let him go he clearly don't want nun to do with us,"

"would you shut up alaina please?" she yelled, "just for one second,"

she turned over to me and handed me a piece of paper "incase you change your mind there's my number. call, text anytime okay? i know i didn't do it all those years ago but i want to be a better mother now."

i took the paper then took a quick look at her, before shoving the paper in my pocket and leaving out.

-
thoughts? my assignments are done btw yeah i really beat that bitch called schools ass.