twenty eight.

filler 💓

luca santo cruz

"why would y'all do the job without me?" i asked tj as we walked out of the police station

"why would y'all do the job without me?" i asked tj as we walked out of the police station. they said they had cctv footage of him leaving the area murda's body was found but he had an alibi so they let him go.

"where you was at? right. and besides we saw him there and then so why tf not,"

"fym where i was i at? i was in the hospital with debo,"

"how he doing?" he asked. the only person that knew he was dead besides me was egypt. i didn't get the chance to tell anyone else.

"... he's gone bruh," i said clenching my jaw. tj took a long pause staring at me before pulling me into a hug.

"i know ts got you feeling some type of way, regardless of him telling us not to be sad and shit when he gone," he said wiping a tear.

"ong bruh idek how expect me to be so happy he's gone,"

"damn... debo really gone?" he asked and i nodded making him look to the ground and shake his head. before we continued to walk to the car a lady walked over to us.

"who that is?" i asked tj.

"my lawyer,"

"well good news tavares," she said with a grin, "they're dropping the case,"

"whatchu mean?"

"someone came forward and confessed to his murder so you're completely off the hook," she smiled. tj looked towards me and laughed shaking his head.

"thank you ms reveira," he nodded.

"no problem," she said then looked towards me, "do i know you from somewhere?"

"why would you know me?"

"oh nothing you just look weirdly familiar..." she squinted her eyes. i took a look at her and shook my head.

"na youn know me but thank you for helping my boy out," i said throwing my arm over tj's shoulder and walking towards the car.

*

"act a fool, act a fool, act a clown," i heard as i walked into the living room. egypt had her phone sat up on the floor whilst she twerked in front of the camera with kendra hyping her up.

"ayeee go bestie," deante said then looked up and noticed me, "i mean turn ts off fuck is you doin,"

"huh? oh shit girl get up," kendra said trying not to laugh. i just sucked my teeth and went in the kitchen to get myself a drink. i went back into the living room sitting on the couch.

"how they free you?" kendra asked her cousin.

"someone confessed to a murder i didn't commit," he shrugged.

"but you did do it tho right?" tj looked at her with a mug and she laughed sitting by deante. "y'all ever find chrissy?"

"you know chrissy the baby mama they was talking about on the news right?" deante said.

"and how you figure that out?" i said as egypt walked back in the room. she sat next to me and i threw my arm around pulling her closer to me.

"word on the street," he shrugged.

"the word on the street isn't always right dee," egypt said, "but i wouldn't be surprised. she probably used him to get pregnant for you," she looked up at me.

"anyways all the drama is over wit we can move on with our lives now," tj exclaimed.

"you right.. where the hoes at?" deante said making kendra punch his arm. "i'm playing damn,"

"don't play with my good sis like that dee," egypt shook her head. eventually i zoned out and thought about the lady i saw today; tavares' lawyer.

she did look very familiar to me but i was avoiding further conversation because i simply didn't feel like rekindling with anyone. but in that moment i remembered what debo said about my mom then it clicked.

"lemme talk to you in the bedroom real quick," i said to egypt pulling her up.

"y'all gotta stop fucking with people in the house my ears still bleeding from last time," deante said making a disgusted face. i ignored him and went into the room, closing the door behind me. egypt went and sat on the bed looking at me.

"something happened?" she asked.

"i think i saw my mom today..." i said leaning on the door.

"wait what?"

"tj's lawyer said i looked familiar. i avoided the conversation but now that i think about it, i'm sure it was her,"

"what you wanna do?"

"find out if it's really her," i shrugged, "if it is then i'm shocked to be honest," i chuckled, "i left her when she was a wreck now she's a lawyer and shit, doing better for herself,"

"you're blaming yourself again," she shook her head.

"whatchu mean?"

"i can sense the guilt every time you say YOU left her. it wasn't your fault you know. yeah you left but you had to do what you had to do. what's a fourteen year old boy doing taking care of his mom? and who knows, maybe she needed that extra push from when you left to be where she's at today,"

i nodded taking in what she said. she was right. although my mom put me through shit, and blamed me for her ways, i still had that guilt of not stepping up and being a good son. the fact that i left her when things got hard for me and decided to leave without looking back.

"i'll find her facebook or something and set up a date, if you want me to?" egypt asked. i walked over to her and pulled her up then hugged her.

"thank you mama,"

"it's all good," i felt her smile against my chest.

-
i got hella assignments guys so ima be slacking a lil bit 😭
also i've started writing my new book. let me know when i should publish it 🙈