six.

luca santo cruz

"move yo hand from my hand again ima rock your world," i told egypt snatching her hand back and locking my fingers, "lock your fingers bitch,"

"they locked bitch," she mugged me as we walked through the fair.

"as they should be," i said scoping around. i found the mini basketball thing with the big ass teddies and dragged towards it. "cmon you finna win me one of those big ass teddy bears,"

"i can't-"

"you will," i said handing her the ball.

"this is so unprofessional," she said shaking her head.

i think she meant non stereotypical but i'm gonna let her be great.

surprisingly she managed to get in at least three points. ian win the bear but ima still get it.

i hopped over the counter and grabbed the biggest bear then hopped back over the counter. the guy didn't even say anything he just let me go.

"let's go eat now," she whined.

"i got you a hotdog," i grabbed her hand again.

"yeah but i want eat proper food cmon," she said walking off but i pulled her back. i pulled her closer to me by her waist and pecked her lips.

"before we go eat i got sum to handle," i smiled making her roll her eyes.

"i'm not accompanying you to do your illegal activities," she shook her head.

"don't try sound smart now you know you said that shit wrong huh," i laughed.

"shut up," she playfully hit me.

"naa but remember the boy i was telling you about? we finna take em out to eat with us,"

"oh okay, yeah that's fine cmon let's go," she dragged me towards the car.

*

"don't bang on the door just knock politely," egypt laughed.

"they taking hella long to open this door,"

"they might think we jehovah's witness assum,"

"you? yeah, me? hell na,"

"bitch fuck you," she said as the door swung open.

"you jehovah's witness?" the half drunk lady opened the door.

"na where demario at?" i said.

"child services? y'all here to take my baby? y'all can have em that muhfucka useless anyways," she said making egypt scrunch her face up.

"chile," she said shaking her head. i sucked my teeth and pushed passed the lady going into her house. it smelt like alcohol and must lemme find this child quick bruh.

opening every door until i found demario hiding underneath his covers. i pulled em off and a sigh of relief left his mouth before got up and stood up straight. he had a black eye and a busted lip.

"who did this?" i asked him.

"my mom and her boyfriend found the money you gave me and beat me because i didn't give it to them to buy drugs and stuff,"

i looked at him and sighed running my hands through my hair. i didn't know what to do but what i did know is that he couldn't stay in this house longer.

"aight grab some clothes you finna stay with me for a lil while," i said and he nodded getting up and grabbing his book bag.

"why you ain call me?" i asked.

"i didn't want them to see the phone incase they took that too,"

i simply nodded as he finished putting clothes in the bag. he grabbed his phone and charger from underneath his bed frame and put it in his bag, before putting his shoes and jacket on.

"aight cmon," i said throwing my arm over his shoulder.

"yeah leave me like yo daddy did you useless piece of shit, i should've killed yo ass when i had the chance," his mom said. i looked down at demario who's eyes were watering then turned to look at his mom.

if it wasn't for this new found respect i had for women i would've beat her ass right here. but i spat on the ground she stood on and left out.

"it's gonna be fine don't cry we'll figure something out okay?" egypt to demario trying to calm him down. "let's just go to wendy's," she said turning back to me. i nodded and unlocked the car so they could get in.

*

"okay he's asleep," egypt said closing the guest room
door.

"people don't deserve kids bruh," i said shaking my head, "why do they think it's okay to treat a child like that?"

"i know that shit fucked up," she wrapped her arms around my neck, "but he good now. we just gotta find a legal option for him now because he can't just stay with you,"

"i know i know," i pulled her closer by her waist, "when i was in his place deebo adopted me,"

"your big homie?" she asked and i nodded.

"but he more like my big brother,"

"my mom can take care of him," she said looking up at me, "and you can go up there and visit him and shit, it's better than putting him in a foster home,"

"yeah them places be fucking people up, dontae used be in one until his momma got outta rehab,"

"yeah i've heard some fucked up things about foster homes," she sighed. i looked down at her and kissed her forehead.

"thank you," i said.

"for what?" she giggled.

"for being here, for listening to me,"

"you're welcome baby," she said leaning up to kiss me. i held her ass to give her more support as she tiptoed and kissed her back.

"aight lemme go see if your room clean," she said pulling me towards my room.

"this is niceeee," she said nodding her head in approval then through herself on the bed.

"you spending the night?" i asked kicking off my shoes. she nodded and took off her shoes.

-