twelve.

luca santo cruz

"i don't like this luca," demario said looking at his clothes, "the shirt too big,"

"bro shut up you look good," i said fixing it for him, "if you wanna take off the checkered shit and keep the white tee on be my guest,"

he wasted no time taking off the shirt and put it back in his wardrobe making me chuckle. i pulled up out my phone from my pocket as it buzzed, showing a facetime call from egypt.

"lemme see what dee wearin," she said moving her hair out her face. demario rushed to the phone and grabbed it.

"he wanted me to wear this," he said pulling the checkered shirt out his wardrobe.

"mhm that's why i had to call because wtf is that," she laughed.

"fym bro," i said picking up the shirt, "this real drip right here,"

"no bae it's not giving," she shook her head, "you look fine like that dee,"

"thank you," he cheesed.

"you ready to meet my mom?"

"i'm kinda scared, i really wanna stay here with luca,"

"me and you both dawg," i agreed. i would be lying if i said i didn't grow fond of demario. he was like the son i wish i had in the future. so yeah i hated how he was gonna be leaving me in a few weeks. or months.

i watched as he showed egypt his balenciga runners and his fresh cut. he was so happy and excited which put a smile on my face.

"egypt you ready?" i said grabbing my keys and motioned for demario to leave out.

"yeah just waiting for y'all," i heard her say.

"aight we coming," i said taking my phone and hanging up.

"should i bring my charger?" he asked grabbing his phone.

"probably gonna be other kids there so naa, they'll steal it," he nodded putting his phone in his pocket.

i let him walk out the apartment first as i followed behind him locking the door behind me.

*

"woahhh," demario said looking out the window, "you only see houses like this on tv,"

"what your parents do?" i said curiously. these were the houses you would see on tv. big and modern meaning egypt had it good.