29. United States of America

You were in an elevator with America, each of you carrying a huge bundle of papers. It was quiet between both of you, which was strange, since America is a huge chatterbox.

You looked around nervously and moved your feet around. You stole a glance at America.

He's fidgety too?

"Sorry you had to help." He looked at you and smiled briefly.

"Don't worry about that. I don't really mind." you said. He nodded slightly and an awkward silence followed once again.

By the way, this building must be really long. Considering this lift is taking its time.

Suddenly, the lift slammed it's breaks and the lights went out.

"HOLY SHIT!" You tripped and fell over America because the lift was an asshole. Both of you fell down on the cramped elevator floor with all the scattered papers.

"Oh no, the papers!" you panicked and started collecting them in the darkness, "Damn it, I can't see anything."

America took out his phone and and shone it's light to help you out. When everything was kept aside neatly, both of you sat next to each other, leaning on one of the elevator's walls.

"Why has the elevator stopped?"

"Temporary power failure, I guess?" He pressed the emergency button and then waited. 

"Don't you think it's kind of really dark here?" you mumbled. America took out his phone again and kept it on, flooding in some light.

"Better?" He asked. You took the phone and switched it off. 

"I didn't say I hated darkness." 

"Whatever floats your boat." He shrugged. Things became silent again and the elevator was not making any progress. 

"Can you lend me your shoulder?" you asked. 

"Of course. Are you sleepy or something?" he asked as you inched close and rested your head on his shoulder. 

"No, I'm just... bored, I guess?" You replied. America didn't reply to that. Although his insides were having a party, he was feeling really scared at the same time.

While your eyes were momentarily closed, he searched for you hand, which thankfully was right next to your leg. He gently touched your hand with his and even though you felt shy, you managed to respond to that. 

Before you knew it, he was holding your hand and he could feel a warm fuzzy feeling arise in his chest. While you, on the other hand (pun not intended), had your heart beating crazy fast. 

"I don't know if you're awake, but will you listen to me?" He spoke.

"I'm awake and listening." You replied.

"This might be really straightforward of me but, I really like you." He said as he squeezed your hand a little.

"Like me in what way?" You asked, curiously awaiting your inherent doom.

"In a romantic way, I guess..." His voice trailed off as he ruffled his hair. Before you said anything, he interjected,

"I just wanted to let you know. I-If you don't feel the same, it's totally okay. I-I can forget about it." 

"So, you like me, huh?" you breathed out, "Oh, what shall I do? I think I like you too." 

"You think?"

"Cancel that, I like you too." You corrected.

"Oh man, that was nerve wrecking." He laughed, "Hey, want to go to McD's after this?"

"You mean a date?"

"Whatever you want to call it." He smiled, "What do you think?" 

"I'm all for it!" 

_________________________________

This was rather short and I'm sorry there's no kiss scene XD

I just didn't know how and where to put it lol. I guess we can leave it to your wild imagination.