27. Deutschland

It was the night two days after your birthday party. The sky was filled with stars and you were sitting out in the lawn gazing at them. Suddenly, you thought of your parents. You smile at the good memories you had with them. But, you were aware of the fact that they abandoned you it got you a little off mood.

You mumbled, "Why am I thinking of them now? They just pretended to love me, that's all. It's not like I actually need them or anything. I'm an adult now!"

A soft breeze blew your hair as you sighed heavily.

"____?"

A familiar voice made you turn to it's owner, who was none other than Germany. His hair wasn't slicked back like usual. You honestly thought he looked cute like that.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

You quickly shook your head, "Nothing. I just couldn't sleep."

Germany sat down next to you and said, "You're lying."

"What makes you say that?" you smiled.

"Clearly, you've got something on your mind." 

"How do you know?" 

"Your forehead is scrunched up, obviously." 

You narrowed your eyes at him. Germany looked at you like he was serious. You sighed in defeat.

"Fine, you win."

"Now, tell me what happened."

"I had a dream about my family and that didn't let me sleep." You spoke and he patiently listened.

"In the dream, my parents actually loved me and they truly cared for me. I feel like my own mind is mocking me, since I didn't receive such true love from them."

"Your mind isn't mocking you." Germany corrected, "If you saw a dream of your parents actually loving you, it would mean that it was the only thing you earnestly wished for."

You cocked a questioning brow at him.

"I read in a book that when we really want someone, or fall asleep thinking of someone, we often dream about them."  

"But, I didn't like them anyway... it's not like I actually wanted their love." 

"Just admit it, ____. You're a really bad liar, from what I've seen of you." He flashed a smile and pulled you in a tight hug. 

You felt warm in his muscular arms. Letting out a little air, you relaxed yourself and continued star gazing. Germany started running his fingers through your hair gently, which eased me tremendously.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"Good." You smiled.

"You should forget about it, you know. You've got better things to do than keep brooding over the past." He whispered, "Eventually, you'll have to get over it."

"I know, Germany, but I just can't seem to let it get out of my mind." 

"If you don't mind, shall I distract you from it for a while?" He asked, blushing a little.

"Okay, I guess." You nodded. He then asked you to close your eyes, which you did. While your eyes were closed, he used the moment to properly study your features. 

"No matter what, do not open your eyes." He reminded.

Gathering up some courage, he leaned in to kiss your lips but, all his courage seemed to leave him. So, with the little guts he had left, he kissed your cheek instead. 

Immediately, your eyes flew open and you held your cheek as you looked at him. Germany quickly turned his red face away, wanting to avoid any embarrassment. 

"Wh-Why did you kiss me...?" you managed to ask.

"B-because I like you, ____."

"Y-You what?" 

"Yeah, that's right." 

"I-I l-like you too, Germany." you blushed profusely, in turn making Germany blush. It was all awkwardness after that.

"I'm Ludwig." He ruffled his hair, making him look really cute to you.

"You know, Ludwig, you look really cute when your bangs are down." you complimented him, shyly giggling.

"Th-thank you..." He blushed.

_______________

Rewriting these are so much fun lol. It reminds me of how cringy my stories were back then and how sickeningly romantic they were LMAO XD