35. Danmark

A/N 

First of all the heading isn't a typo. "Danmark" is Denmark in Danish. If I'm wrong, let me know 😊

Here's the next ending for y'all. This chapter includes swimming (which you are not very good at in this ending) so, I need you experienced swimmers / people who worked as life guards (if any) to pretend you don't know how to swim.

That said, please enjoy this ending (also, sorry in advance if it's cringy) 

____________________________________________

Today, everyone decided to play in the beach which just a few minute's drive away from Alfred's house. And for the wondrous occasion, you decided to wear your best swimsuit (don't worry about your body; anybody can rock a swimsuit).

Feeling the breeze, you got the doughnut floatie around your waist and Alfred got his surfboard and both of you screamed,

"CHARGE!!" 

Then, both of you were already playing in the water. Mathias sighed. Not because he was jealous of the fact that you and Alfred went together (although that was part of the reason), but because you were showing so much skin. He didn't want anyone to make a move on you.

"You look drained already." Lukas commented and looked at the sea, "She's calling you, why don't you join her?" 

"Ah, alright." He sighed again, this time a little quietly and walked over to you.

"Dan, come quickly, let's have a race!" You shouted again and he quickened his pace a little.

 "A race?" He laughed, "I'll have a race with you when that floatie is off your your waist."

"But, I'm not confident enough without it." you said.

"Have you tried swimming without a floatie?" he asked.

"Yeah, I guess. I can go pretty far even without it." You answered, "But my confidence it at its highest when I have a floatie."

"If that's the case, I don't think I can go hard on you." He said, "I want to win against someone who is equally as experienced as I am."

"You sound like you want to win so badly." You grunted, "Besides, it's not like I don't know how to swim at all."

"Well then, if you wanna go now, keep that thing aside and let's go. I don't have much time to spare."

"You don't have much time to spare?" You cocked an eyebrow, "What important thing will you be doing later?" 

"Hogging on pizza, duh." He said.

"Okay, that's pretty important." you removed the floatie and threw it on the sand, "Shall we?"

"Of course." He stretched and flexed, "It's best you don't underestimate me, I'm a shark in water, you know."

(A/N This is starting to sound like Free!! now wtf)

"Oh my gosh, please don't devour me, your highness!" You folded your hands and pleaded sarcastically.

"Let's do one race." He said and pointed in the distance, "You see Alfred there?"

"Yeah."

"First one to reach him wins. And the loser does what the winner says." he smiled and held his fist at you, "How about that?"

"You got yourself a deal." You grinned and returned the fist bump.

At the count of three, both of you started swimming. Mathias was already ahead of you by a "mile" (pure exaggeration) and here you were, slowing down and freaking out without your doughnut. You didn't realize you were swimming in deep waters and it scared you.

Panic took hold of your thoughts and not just that, it suddenly was the perfect time to get leg cramps, for some reason. Wincing in pain, you put your head underwater and tried to massaging your leg. Before you knew it, you couldn't float.

Air was running out and water stung your eyes as you sunk deeper into the sea. 

In the meantime, Mathias decided to look back and check if you were still in pursuit, but he found nobody behind him. He stopped there as he flew into a panic. Alfred, who was nearby, asked,

"Dude, what's wrong?"

"I was having a race with ____ but she's not there." Mathias replied, panic apparent in his voice.

"Enough talking, we're diving down, pronto! She could've drowned." Alfred got off his surfboard immediately.

Both of them took a deep breath and dove underwater. Alfred pointed somewhere and Mathias could see a figure slowly falling in the depths. They swum over to the figure and as they came closer, they confirmed that it was you, and grabbed your arms to pull you up.

It's all my fault.

Thoughts of regret flooded Mathias' mind as he and Alfred resurfaced and pulled you onto dry land. He laid you flat on your back and started checking if you were breathing. Your chest was completely still. 

"CPR, quickly!" Alfred said while he tilted your head backwards. Mathias was doing chest compression while a look of worry was on his face.

Besides being skilled at swimming, he was skilled with the safety measures too. Despite having 100% faith in his CPR skills, he still felt uncertain about you opening your eyes again. 

"It seems like this isn't serious." Alfred assured. 

Mathias paused his thirty chest compressions and quickly and properly delivered a mouth to mouth on you, regardless of feeling embarrassed to do so.  Alfred was impressed by Mathias due to a lot of reasons, which he wouldn't say. 

Soon, you started breathing on your own and moving a little, much to Alfred's and Mathias' relief. After a few seconds, your eyes opened a little and you could vaguely see Mathias by your side.

You tried to open your mouth and speak, but nothing came out. Instead, you got into a fit of coughing and you shivered due to the cold. 

"Dude, take her in the cabin and let her rest." Alfred suggested. Mathias carefully scooped you up in his arms and walked away to the cabin. 

He kicked open the cabin door and laid you in the single bed under the thick comforter. Feeling a little cold himself, he took a blanket for himself and sat down on a chair near you. 

"It's all my fault." He mumbled to himself, "If I had let her swim with her floatie, she wouldn't have drowned." 

He ruffled his wet blond hair and looked at you. There was a little smile on your face and he smiled too when you mumbled "I want pizza".

"Even after all that, she still looks forward to pizza. What hope it brings her." He chuckled and then sighed once again, "Maybe I'd feel a lot better if I could properly teach her how to swim."

He decided to stay quiet and watch over you while you slept. As he was about to doze off too, he heard you softly speak,

"Thank you... I love you, Dan..."

His heartbeat started accelerating a lot faster than a race car. So fast that is snapped him completely off his momentary doze. 

"I'm pretty sure you can't hear me but," He paused, "I love you too."

You smiled, unbeknownst him. 

____________________________________________________

This was so badly written, that's for sure. I already knew a little about CPR (I can't do it for real though) but I still had to do my research. This was pretty hard to write as well. Also, the "saved me from drowning" romantic cliche is my favorite which is Dengeki Daisy inspired ;) 

Hope you liked it either way. Three more endings are on the way so, keep your eyes peeled!

Also, to the swimmers who I instructed to pretend to not know how to swim, you may stop pretending now. Thank you for your cooperation :)

Please keep reading, voting and commenting~

Love, 

Platinum