20. Suspicion

-Weeks Later-

You were sitting in an empty corner in one of the conference rooms, reading a book and enjoying the silence.

"I never thought silence existed around here." you sighed, "Considering this is America's house".

You were about to go back into your fantasy and adventure novel until Veneziano came in.

"I wonder where she's gone..." he wondered out loud as he scanned the room. 

"Veneziano! Over here!" you called.

"Ah, I've been looking for you!" he exclaimed as he skipped towards you.

"Whatever for?"

"I wanted to know when your birthday was!" he grinned while he shyly played with his hair.

"My birthday? It's on (date)." You answered.

"I see. Thank you!" He smiled brightly, making you internally "aww". I mean, when is he not cute?

"Okay, I'll leave you with your novel. See you later!" Veneziano grinned as he ran off.

"Come to think of it, why would he need my birthday?" you asked yourself.

You couldn't get an answer so you just shrugged it off and went back to your novel.

Veneziano's P.O.V

"That was a close one ve~! Bella totally looked suspicious. But anyways, I got her birthday. Now, to report back to the others!"

I ran down the hallways and went in a room.

"I'm back ve~!" I almost yelled.

"Keep quiet Italy! This is a secret meeting, so no one should make a sound!" warned China.

I quickly covered my mouth, nodded and joined the circle.

They all looked at me and asked,"So, were you successful?"

"Yeah! Her birthday is on (date)!" I said giggling.

"Sweet, we gotta make a plan quickly and put it to action!" said America clenching his fists.

Everyone nodded.

-Third Person's P.O.V-

So, here you were, walking down the hallways and looking around.

"Persistent silence for a couple moments is understandable but, this abnormality has gone on long enough! I demand noise! If this is America's house, I demand noise!" you shouted like a campaigning politician.

"America, the house of the free, in other words, a f*cking roller coaster of the weirdest shit, must be noisy! Ain't no 'Murica if there ain't no sound!" 

You put your ears on every door, checking for any sort of sound. After passing by a few doors, you kept your ear on a random one. You heard a group of familiar people talking.

"Dude... is she nuts? Why does she sound like Donald Trump during election? It gives me the shivers!" Said a familiar voice, "Besides, we can't plan like this!"

"There's someone here." You mumbled as you gingerly opened the door a little. The room was really dark except for the little candle in the middle of a circle of people.

"Okay, lets do it like this...."

It definitely was the countries. Most likely devising something.

What are they talking about? Are they planning a war? Illegal drug trade? Debt with a mafia family?  

You opened the door full and said, "Hello?!"

"HOT DIGGITY SHIT!" America screamed in shock.

"What's going on here?" you asked.

"N-n-nothing-aru!" China stuttered.

"No. Something is going on!" you answered, refusing to believe them, "What. Are. You. All. Doing?"

Everyone nervously glanced at each other until Russia spoke, "Ah well, you see, we were planning how to start a war with Prussia, da!"

"And why exactly would you want to start a war with Prussia?" you asked.

"Because he offended us!" said Russia with a big smile.

"What?" You managed to say, after a moment's pause. That was the worst lie that they had ever come up with. But, you decided to let them off since you were so done with them.

Sighing heavily, you walked out and slammed the door.

No sooner you left, all of the countries heaved a sigh of relief.

"That was freaking close!" said America, "Gosh, thanks Russia!"

"This is the first time I feel thankful to Russia-aru.." said China.

"If so, would you like to become one with Russia?" smiled Russia.

"No-aru!"

"Russia! How dare you make the awesome me a villain!" wailed Prussia, dramatically.

"Your name was the first thing that came to my mind, that's why!"

"But, she believed Russia pretty easily. Why?" asked France, deep in thought.

"Nobody knows..." said Germany, shaking his head.

"Anyway! Let's move to another place out of ____'s reach, before she comes to know what we're planning." said America.

"Oh! America's said something sensible! Now that's a first!" joked England.

"This is serious business, Iggy." said America.

"W-what's with you today? It's just like the time when France asked me to marry him!"** shuddered England.

"We need to make a proper plan to surprise her on her birthday! That's why, for now, I'll be serious!" said America, hands on hips.

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's move out and discuss this elsewhere!" said England, smiling.

"Yeah!" said everyone in smiles.

----

Now, you were in your room, lazing around in bed, jobless and mumbling,

"They're definitely acting suspicious! Is this some kind of war plan that they don't want me involved in? Prussia offended them, so they're devising a war! How freaking stupid! If Prussia apologized and the others forgave him, everything would be okay! Are they trying to attain world peace or make more world wars?"

You ranted, pacing around in the room feeling annoyed.

"Oh my gosh, why the hell am I getting annoyed over something so trivial?! Man, I'm such a hot headed person!"

You stopped, took a deep breath and said, "Okay, cool your butt, ____. You've got better things to do than rant."

You walked to the bed and fell down on it.

"I don't care what they do anymore. Let them do as they please...those stupid overgrown children..." you cursed as you closed your eyes.

------------------------------------------------

** you Hetalians remember the episode when France asked Iggy to marry him right?!

For those who don't know, because of something related to the Suez canal, France got in bad shape or something. France forced England to sign a marriage form and some shit happens. I don't remember the rest.

(Sorry if I'm wrong)

------------------------------------------------------------