10. Under The Trees

It was a nice and warm afternoon. You reading a book in the shade of a tree in America's lawn. You smiled in content as you streched your arms and listened to the birds chirp.

Just then, someone chirped happily,

"Hey! Look who I found!"

"Hey, Italy! What's up?" you asked, smiling at the adorable brunet.

"Nothing, really. I just wanted to chat!" said Italy, settling down next to you.

"Then, what do you want to talk about?" you asked and closed your book.

"I don't know," He smiled and shrugged like an adorable dork, "What book are you reading?"

"This? It's called 'The Black Cat of Bad Luck'." you replied and showed him the cover.

"I sometimes wonder...do black cat's really brimg bad luck~?" asked Italy, tapping his chin.

"I don't know. One thing is, I don't believe superstisions!" you laughed.

There was silence.

"Hey Italy, what do you think of Germany?" you asked, looking at the foliage.

"Germany? Well, sometimes he's nice, sometimes he's scary, he's really strict and he's serious in anything, whether it be games or work!" said Italy.

You laughed.

"What about you, bella?" asked Italy.

"Me? Well, I don't know Germany all that much, but he's kinda like my dad." you grinned.

"Your dad?" Italy asked.

"Yup! My dad was strict yet nice, protective and serious, like Germany, in games or work." You flashed a nostalgic smile, "He basically is a photo copy of Germany... in terms of personality."

"That's nice to hear, bella." smiled Italy.

"Yeah. Even in that misty village, we were happy." you said.

"You really love your mama and papà, don't you?" He looked at you and continued,

"I don't remember mia mama and papà, but I lived with my grandpa. His name is Rome!"

"Rome, huh?" you smiled and turned to Italy attentively, wanting to know more.

"He was a big man with muscular arms yet he was very kind. Both of us used to sing songs and draw pictures together!" smiled Italy happily.

"But, Grandpa Rome died..." sulked Italy.

"Oh...." you felt empathetic but you didn't know how to comfort him.

"Cheer up, Italy! You've got friends! So, quit sulking about the past!" you encouraged anyway.

"That's my line, Bella!" he laughed and pulled your cheek.

"No it ain't! Anyone can say it!" you said, poking Italy's forehead.

Then somehow, it ended up becoming a tickle fight, causing both of you to laugh really loudly. So loud that Romano had to personally come over and shout,

"Veneziano! What the hell are you laughing so loudly for?!"

The scene of two immature brats (in Romano's eyes) irked him, causing an evil aura to surround him. Italy shrieked a little while you just sat there, not knowing what to do.

"What are you doing with the ragazza, Veneziano?"

"Oh? We were chatting! Want to join us?" chirped Italy.

"Wh-what? No way, chatting is boring. If you're gonna do something interesting, I'll join, but not this." Romano clicked his tongue.

You looked at Romano with the most inncent puppy eyes, "Will you please?"

Romano's face turned a little red. He turned away his face for a while and then turned to you,

"I-I guess I'll join.."

"Yay!" Italy jumped.

"Why are you all excited, Italy?" you asked.

"Ragazza, which Italy are you talking to?" asked Romano.

"Um, to your fratello..." you said, pointing to the excited one.

"Ah, bella! Just call me Veneziano!" said the North.

"Anyway, Veneziano! Why are you so excited?" you asked, calming down Mr. North.

"Because, this is the first time big brother has joined a chat!" laughed Veneziano.

"Is that true, Roma?" you smirked.

"Huh?! I've been in chats before!" said Romano defending himself, "And-And don't call me Roma. It's embarrassing."

"It's not embarrassing, Roma." You grinned, "Besides that, the only chats you've been on were conference meetings, right?"

Romano averted his gaze and nodded slowly.

You clapped, "Yay! Romano's honest!"

"Stupid ragazza!! I-I'm not always honest!" retorted Romano.

"Wow. That was pretty honest!" you said, giving a high-five to Italy.

Romano fumed, making you laugh. Strangely enough, Romano calmed down after that comment.

You sighed happily and leaned on the tree. Romano settled down on your left and Italy moved near to you on your right.

"It was lots of fun today, right?" you asked.

"Sí bella!" chirped Italy, resting his head on your shoulder.

"Not really, stupid ragazza." said Romano, doing the same as Veneziano.

"You're lying, Romano." you smiled.

"Don't care." He grumbled.

The three of you sat quietly and you settled to finish your book.

"Hey, Romano, Veneziano?" you called.

No answer.

You looked at them and found that they were sleeping.

"It must be because of the warm sunshine."

You suddenly felt a sudden rush of sleepiness too. You closed your eyes and drifted to the dreamland of pizza and pasta along with Romano and Veneziano.

-Extended Ending-

While the three of you were in dreamland, Germany came by.

"Huh? What are the three of them doing there?"

Germany came close to see all three of you sleeping soundly.

"Why are they sleeping here, of all places? To top it off, they are wasting time!" Germany said.

He looked at your happy little face and said, "Maybe this is worth a photo."

Germany went off, grabbed a camera and came back. He carefully clicked the capture button and very carefully walked off so as to not wake the three of you.

Later, Germany showed the picture to the rest of the countries. That photo became a huge hit.

____________________________________________