21. Pancakes

Next Morning

Morning came by in a flash. You were cocooned in your comforter as your eyes slowly blinked open. Failing to get a few more winks of sleep, you rolled on your back and mumbled,

"When did I fall asleep?" 

"Um...when I came to check on you, you were sleeping..." a voice said.

"Huh? Who said that?" you suddenly sat up.

"It's Canada..." said the voice, sitting on a chair in the room.

"Oh, Canada?" you called.

"Yes?"

"Breakfast." you demanded.

"S-sure..." said Canada, timidly.

You followed him out of the room along with his polar bear, Kumajirou. Or was it Kumakichi?

"So... what were you doing in my room, Canada?" you asked.

"As I said, I came to check on you..." he answered.

"Whatever for?" you asked, as both of you went in the kitchen.

"Well, I was passing by your room and I heard you talking to yourself pretty angrily. Then you suddenly got silent." Canada explained, grabbing some pancake batter and maple syrup.

"Oh. I see..." you said, remembering what happened yesterday.

"But, why were you so angry?" asked Canada, flipping a pancake and putting it on a plate.

"I was angry at the fact that they wanted to start a war with Prussia just because he offended them!" you said.

"I see..." said Canada, flipping a few more pancakes.

"I'm pretty sure that they're overgrown brats, right Canada?" you asked, grabbing his shoulder.

Canada flinched and said, "Well, sometimes they surely act like children but...they are serious when they have to be..."

You blinked a few times and let Canada's shoulder's go.

"Um... ___ ..?"

"Yeah?"

"Breakfast is ready..." said Canada, pouring the maple syrup and putting strawberries on the plate.

"Oh! It looks really cute with the strawberries! I bet it tastes awesome!!" you exclaimed.

"Someone called the awesome me?" said someone, obviously Prussia.

"I did not call you, Prussia!" you said.

"Well, well, what do have there?" asked he, walking to you and putting an arm on your shoulder.

"Pancakes." you said, pushing his arm away, making him hold on your shoulder a lot tighter, "Topped with maple syrup and strawberries."

"Sounds awesome! Canada, make some for me too!" said Prussia, slapping Canada's back.

"Y-yes..." said a timid Canada.

You walked to the table and sat down to eat. Just then, Prussia sat down next to you.

"What do you want, Prussia?" you asked, a bit harshly.

"Let me tell you one thing, liebe." said he, staring at you.

"And what's that?" you asked, slicing off a piece of pancake and chewing it.

"There's nothing or nobody more awesome than me! Remember that!"

"Again with your narcissism?" you sighed," And that too, in the morning?"

"It isn't narcissism, liebe. I'm just admiring myself. I have high self- esteem, and that's a good thing."

"It's the same thing, Prussia!" you said, getting annoyed.

"Unfortunately for you liebe, I don't think so!" Prussia smirked.

"What's the use arguing? In the end, some people don't change!" you said, sighing again.

"I'd say the same to you. If only you accepted my awesomeness!" Prussia grabbed his heart dramatically.

"Prussia, quit annoying me so early in the morning when I'm enjoying my breakfast!" you said, a bit more harshly.

"Fine, fine!" said Prussia, surrendering.

"Um...Prussia? The pancakes are ready.." said Canada, keeping a plate of pancakes, topped with maple syrup and some raspberries.

"Oh! Looks awesome!!" Prussia exclaimed as he dug in, "It tastes awesome too!"

"____, how is it?" asked Canada, smiling.

"Mm. It's tasty!" you said.

"That's good to hear! Now, If you'll excuse me, I got things to do." said Canada, smiling brightly at you.

"Ja, you can go ahead!" said Prussia waving his hand.

Canada left the kitchen leaving you and Prussia. Alone. ALONE. Prussia was unusually silent. Your eyes, for some reason, were glued on the delicious looking raspberries on his plate.

Those raspberries look good...

Prussia apparently noticed and smirked, "What's wrong liebe? Want a raspberry?"

"Uh...not really.." you said.

"Hey, hey, hey, liebe. Quit beating the bush. I know you want my awesome raspberry, right?" said Prussia, leaning close to you.

"No, I don't!!" you said a bit loudly, moving away. Prussia looked disappointed and silently went back to his pancakes.

You narrowed your eyes and said, "Hey. I'll give you a strawberry if you'll give me a raspberry."

"Hmm?" Prussia blinked, "I'll give you a raspberry of you give me a strawberry!"

You narrowed your eyes some more at Prussia's annoying, huge smirk.

"Fine! Here!" you said, pointing a pierced strawberry at him. Prussia grabbed your hand and ate the strawberry.

"It tastes awesome with maple syrup!" said he, licking his lips.

You sighed and said, "Now give me your raspberry."

"Of course, say ah!" he said, pointing the raspberry pierced fork at you.

"What? I'm not doing that." You crossed your arms and blushed lightly.

"It wouldn't be fair if I did and you didn't!" he complained.

"What a pain in the ass..." you mumbled, eating the raspberry, "And it's actually great.."

"Not as great as me, liebe!" Prussia laughed.

"Oh my gosh..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------