CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

If heaven's grief brings hell's rain
Then I'd trade all my tomorrows for just one yesterday.
- fall out boy, just one yesterday.

•••

"Yeosang, you will call Kang Yoseob and tell him to find Bae Syushik."

       "hello Yoseob-ssi," Yeosang bites his nails nervously as he feels eight pairs of eyes on him.

"oh, Yeosang-ah!" the man's voice booms through the speaker, cheerful and happy. Yeosang assumes he just finished his date with Aunt Mina. "me and Mina agreed on another date— and i think we'll start dating soon as well!"

"ah, good thing," Yeosang looks at the CEO, who raises an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. "i'm glad for you. also— can we start on the plan now?"

"sure, sure. what do you want me to do?"

"find a man named Bae syushik," Yeosang immediately says. "he's rich, i think. i want you to have him in your hold for the next couple of days, like don't let him leave your sight for a minute. this is a life or death situation, literally."

"ok, sure," Yoseob agrees easily. "i'll call you when i have him."

"ok, great, thanks, bye!"

"Jongho, you go there today and apply for the servant job, that way you'll be there to help San when he's there."

        Jongho bites his lower lip anxiously as his manager stops two blocks away from the huge mansion belonging to the Choi's.

"be careful, and if anything happens call me," the manager reminds Jongho, who nods and quickly exits the car.

he walks to the mansion in quick steps and rings the bell next to the huge gates. soon, a guard comes out and opens a small window in the door and looks at him up and down.

"how can i help you?"

"i'm here for the the job," he quickly says, "as a servant."

"ok, come in."

as he enters, he's met with a huge expanse of green surrounding the big mansion. there's flowers and all kinds of trees in the huge garden and he's in awe for a few seconds before the guard ushers him into a small house to the side where he assumes all the bodyguards and servants are staying.

"what are you willing to do, and why do you want this job?"

Jongho straightens his back and tries to look as normal as possible, as if he's not trying to infiltrate San's father's mansion.

"I can clean, maybe take a cleaning job? i can also cook if cleaning isn't available," he crosses his fingers behind his back. he can't cook to save his life. "and i want to work here because i have a family to take care of after my father died."

the man hums, "your full name?"

"Han beakhyun," he says.

"ok," the man goes behind a computer and writes a few things. a few seconds later he nods and Jongho releases a sigh subtly, thanking his luck that the fabricated ID thing worked, and also thanking Kang Yoseob who has given them that ID. "ah, seems like you're not lying. good. you also seem trustworthy. we're short on cleaners, especially for the third floor where most rooms and studies are. Hwanwoong," he pauses and points for a boy to come who's been busy doing something on his phone. "show Beakhyun the third floor, he's new. you'll start working from today, right?"