CHAPTER TWO

his dreams were simple, his dreams were onerous.
to smile, to laugh. to be able to feel alive.

•••

KQ Entertainment, a small company based above a seven eleven, with nice interior design despite the small space. the corridors are mostly black and white, with small signs as to where every room is. although, San thinks that the place is way too small to need these signs. the audition has started some time ago, and people, not too many, are standing on a small line in front of a closed door. they go in one by one, and come out with nervous faces.

when San and Jeongin arrived at the building, a guard at the reception took them here, telling them to wait for their turns and asking if they've emailed their audition videos or they'd rather do it live, to which San replied the latter with Jeongin bouncing excitedly at the possibility of being accepted.

now, all they can do is wait.

"hyung, what will you be doing?"

San cranes his head to look at Jeongin instead of the sign he's been staring at and zoning out for the last ten minutes. he shrugs, haven't thought about it yet.

"i will be dancing, my mom used to tell me i can dance pretty well!" Jeongin giggles, but his eyes waver a little at the mention of his mother. San doesn't question it, he knows the boy had some kind of a messed up past to end up inhabiting the streets, but it doesn't have anything to do with him. he has enough problems as it is. "ah, hyung, we're almost there! two more to go. you should really think about what you'll do quickly."

San nods, and goes back to staring at the same sign whilst zoning out.

if he's being completely honest, he doesn't even know what he's doing here. sure, he wants a little change and some adventures in his depressing and boring life, but in an idol audition? and when he doesn't even have any idol quality? he didn't really think it through.

but as San's mind wander, he remembers some of the words his most beloved angel has said to him, one starry night with the breeze tickling her soft brown hair.

"you have the voice of an angel, Sannie," her eyes were full of stars, sparkling underneath the wondrous sky. "sing me a song, for i find calmness within your soothing voice."

he feels his heart ache at the memory, one of the too many he's hidden beneath a thick wall in his heart, the memories that he had kept safe and cherished for as long as he can remember.

there's a tug at the strings of his broken heart, and then there's a crack. with each memory of her, his heart breaks a little more, and he thinks about how long will it be until he sees her again.

"hyung, it's our turn!" Jeongin's voice brings him back from his honey-like memory, which had made him dizzy and made him feel nostalgic. he tries to clear his head, to identify a few objects surrounding them and to ground his mind.

in front of them the door starts to open, and the girl who went to audition before them walks out with a tiny smile on her face. San's then called in, and Jeongin cheers for him as San is being guided into the room.

the door closes behind him, and San nervously walks inside the huge white room, which really looks like a practice room with the mirrors covered in curtains. his eyes fall onto the three judges..? who sit side by side behind a tall table, just like a music show audition. he quickly bows for them, his hands shaking with nerves for he doesn't know what to do nor how to act.