CHAPTER NINETEEN

is there a written rule book,
that tells me how to be-
all the right things to talk about-
that everyone has but me?
- Lang Leav.

•••

Jung Wooyoung is weird, and not in a good way. he's been introduced to the group this evening alongside the vocal legend Choi Jongho by the CEO, and San has never wanted to melt into the ground this badly before.

first thing that happened after the CEO left the two boys with the group of six was that Wooyoung jumped onto Yeosang, choking the boy on the floor in a bone-crushing hug. San thinks Wooyoung is trying to kill him not hug him.

"yah i missed you so much you idiot," he whines loudly, and then stands up once Yeosang manages to push him away. "you're mean, you know right Kang Yeosang?!"

and then he does something so unexpected and so uncalled for— he bites Yeosang's shoulder and the boy shouts in pain, making Wooyoung laugh hysterically.

"his laugh sounds like Elmo's," Yunho mumbles next to the wide eyed boy, and San snorts half heartedly as he inches closer to him.

"Jung Wooyoung stop biting people for god's sake!" Yeosang scolds as he pushes him away and goes to stand next to Hongjoong, who has the same expression as San.

"i will when finally stop ignoring me!!"

"as if i would be able to now," Yeosang rolls his eyes, making everyone's already wide eyes widen even more. how's this the same shy Yeosang....?

"ahem," Hongjoong finally decides to chime in, even though he looks as unpleased to have a loud person like Jung Wooyoung in the group as San is. "i'm Kim Hongjoong," he introduces himself and quickly Wooyoung and Jongho (who's been standing in the corner all along) bow down, Wooyoung with a huge grin and Jongho with a shy expression. "i'm 18 and i'm a rapper, nice to meet you."

"hello!" Wooyoung waves at him. "i'm 17 years old, can i call you hyung?"

Hongjoong nods hesitantly, and San almost wants to laugh at his face.

"he looks like trouble," Mingi whispers from next to San and Yunho. "i like him."

"me too!"

San can't agree with them.

then Seonghwa goes to introduce himself, and the rest do as well as Yeosang because Jongho doesn't know him. when it's San's turn, however, he stays next to the two tall giraffes as he speaks, refusing to go anywhere near the loud boy.

"i'm San, 17 years old, singer," he says, "nice to meet you," not.

Jongho finally bows as he's been silent all along. "my name's Choi Jongho, i-i'm a singer. i'm 16."

Jongho looks like how Yeosang was at first, shy and reserved, and San likes him, unlike Wooyoung, who's loud and outgoing and possess a laugh that can awake the dead.

San sighs, this is going to be exhausting.

"alright, kids, good job today!" Seongkyun claps his hands twice, and walks towards his duffle bag in the corner, taking it swiftly and then makes his way to the door. "now if you excuse me, this old man has a date to go to, so i have to leave."