CHAPTER SEVEN

days bleed into a sweet memory,
a soft lullaby,
the words so sweet, yet so choking in his eyes.

•••

A new world was being opened, full of wonders and sparkles. it was so utterly gorgeous, so beautifully alluring, that San couldn't resist but to fall into it, arms wide open and ready for his new life to begin. it's a world where he'd be able to let go of his pain, of his sadness, and all of his terrors. a world where he could get his most desired peace of mind.

or so he thought. because this world, although sweet and tentative, it's so goddamn dangerous. it hung on weak pillars and stacked lies, on a hidden truth and a mortifying past. he knew that at some point, this world would shatter and take him down with it.

bur he wanted to fall into it, give it his all in hopes of it lasting a little longer, knowing that forever wasn't an option.

so as San's days moved slowly, he tried to enjoy every second of it, every smile and every sweet word spoken to him, wanting to cherish the only good memories in his life before it all vanishes.

San's first few days were quite eventful, from staying up all night in fears of his own demons and those he lives with, to being startled by screams coming from the living room. he soon figured that Mingi is a verbal and loud guy, and he wakes up early sometimes because his favourite video game holds events each morning right after the sunrise, and so his screams would always mean he lost. at first San was scared, startled and quite shaken, but after Yunho he woken up reluctantly and with puffy eyes and messy hair had explained the whole game thing to him, he began to relax, only a little though.

then he would have to go to his individual dance practice, after taking a long ride in their small van with the rest of the members to the company, and when he's done he goes to his voice lessons with Yunho, which he was scared of the most, because the instructor is an old lady with glaring eyes and sour attitude, but she is good at her job nonetheless, and San had Yunho sitting next to him most of the time to reassure him that he was doing great.

lunch time was something he didn't have in common with the others, since each of them had individual practice in that time, so he would have to sit alone in the cafeteria and enjoy every bite of his turkey Sandwich, and then go back to dance practice.

he was getting better, his muscles weren't as stiff as before, and he knew some of the very basic moves now. his dance instructor was kind and patient, encouraging San to try and follow him even if he did wrong, and most times San did wrong, but he didn't mind, and would stay with San for a long time to teach him how to get the moves right.

eventually, San started to understand how to work his body correctly into doing certain moves, and was allowed to be in the group practice, and although he was pretty much lacking, he wasn't as bad as before and could catch up with Seungkyun, not as perfectly as the others but somehow decently. and what surprised the others the most was how it had only taken him two weeks to get to this level, whereas a normal person would take much longer. but San was determined to live in this new world, to keep steady on it's weak pillars and make it last as long as possible.

today, they were practicing a song that has recently come out called blood sweat and tears, and San really believes that the name matches the song because of the enormous amount of sweat he's shed up until this point. it was getting late, and long hours have passed since they started with this choreography.