CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

the stars nodded,
the ocean agreed,
the flowers chorused
"bloom now— bloom free."
- rise, again.

- Tess Guinery.

•••

  "hello, San, please take a seat," CEO Gyuk greets with a smile as San takes a seat in front of him. it's been a while since he's last been here, and he doesn't feel good about this. being here with the boss means there's either really good news, or really bad news, there's no in between.

"so i called you here today because i've finally contacted my niece and she'll start concealing you from today," he says, "i know it took a while but she was in England for god knows what. anyways, you have two options, you can either meet her alone in one of the conferences rooms or go with Mingi. it's totally up to you."

San purses his lips. going with Mingi means he'll be vulnerable in front of him, more than he has already been. he doesn't want Mingi to think more lowly of him, and he can only hope that she isn't as evil as Jeongin's therapist was.

"uh— yeah, ok, i'll meet her alone," he says hesitantly. "b-but can we leave the door unlocked just in case?"

"sure," he smiles. "you can also sit near the door if that makes you comfortable."

San nods.

"there's one more thing, it's about your father," the younger holds his breath and closes his eyes. "he requested to see you alone, and he made sure that i know that you're his beloved son. i really don't trust him."

"you shouldn't," San says quietly. "why did you even sign with him?"

"he offered a good amount of money and seemed kind enough, i was suspicious since his business isn't that successful and he still offered plenty of money, but i was also thinking about the group's future with such sponsorship so i agreed."

"his clean business isn't successful but his dark one is," San mumbles and CEO Gyuk catches that, raising an eyebrow. "don't tell me you didn't know he's a successful business man in the black market?"

CEO Gyuk shakes his head with wide eyes. "you never told me that!"

"i thought you'd figure it out," San rubs his temple. "this is really bad, please just find a way to get rid of him. even if he wasn't my father he's still a man with shady business, who knows what he really wants."

"ok, but until we do that we have to act as if we're oblivious," the boss says. "tell the other members he's your father, it would be better if you tell them everything but it's up to you. we'll act as if we think he's just here for you and that he's a good person, until we find something on him to get rid of him. so you'll have to meet him."

"no— i'm not meeting him alone," San stands firmly by his words. "i'm not going to be alone with that bastard ever again."

"San, you won't be alone, i'll be there and i can get Mingi to hide somewhere if that makes you comfortable," he assures. "based on your reactions, i can pretty much say that he did some messed up shit to you."

"oh believe me he did," San says bitterly. "i have proofs all over my body."

CEO Gyuk nods with a sad look on his face. he quickly wipes that expression and claps his hands. "ok— now you have twenty minutes to go to conference room five and Yazzy will be there."