PROLOGUE

your eyes, they shine so bright,
i wanna save that light.
- imagine dragons.

•••

the wind is roaring, its claws grabbing at every inch of the city and ripping what it can manage to destroy. the sky is grey, and the clouds are crying tears of despair. the streets are empty, and the dark alley tucked behind two tall buildings is flooded by the sadness of the heavens.

his body shakes like that of a trembling leaf, and his arms hurt as they enclose around his body. he looks up at the night sky, and although rain trickles all over his face and some grazes his onyx eyes, he doesn't really care. his eyes search for the stars, for they were his guardian angels when lost or when scared, but no star was to be found and he felt the pit in his stomach grow bigger, more hallow.

he felt the coldness seep at every inch of his being, and although San had a shitty excuse of a blanket laid upon his trembling figure, it did nothing to stop the pain. it was yet another night of coldness, of loneliness and despair. of broken dreams and wishes lost to the howling wind, washed away by the uncaring crystal rain.

and when the rain decided to stop, shortly before the dusk, San was able to see a single star, hidden next to the shining crescent moon. the moon glistened, or maybe it was San's eyes acting up, but either way, it looked majestic, and he remembered the words he followed blindly for as long as he can remember, the words of his most beloved, of an angel that resides between the clouds, of a woman so wise and so kind he will always love.

"we're made of stardust, Sanie, that's why we feel comforted when we look upon them. always wish upon that purple star, and tell all your problems to the shiny moon, for it will guide you."

and so he looked upon that tiny sparkling star, and spoke in the loudest voice he could master, which was just the tiniest bit above a whisper; wishing upon a star.

"let me live, let me fly. please, let me feel alive, even for one night. I'm tired, please if you're out there, help me find my way back to the light."