CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

Take me now
Please undo my chain of pain
If I can escape
Like the fire that is growing bigger
can you take me down?
-the rose, take me down.

•••

Kang Yoseob is two faced, or at least that's Yeosang's logical explanation to the duality of the man in front of him.

today he messaged him to get ready as he talked to his aunt and told her to meet him at a café. he's planning to drop the CEO of the electronics company there, say hello to his aunt and throw that big bomb at her (that being the beautiful man she's been crushing on for a while), and leave them to their date. Yoseob was excited when he heard the plan, he even agreed right away.

but Yeosang never thought the man with slicked black hair and prada crisp suits was capable of looking this soft and, dare he say, cute. his hair is brown now, glistening beneath the warm sunlight. it's curly and it sits against his forehead just above his eyes. he has this round golden-framed glasses, with a purple beret on his tufty hair. as for his clothes, he has a black knitted sweater with a purple shirt underneath and a black khaki, and to top it all off he has purple converses on.

Yeosang couldn't help but to grin at the man's choice of clothing, knowing his aunt will fall head over heals for him if she hadn't already.

"i didn't think you can look this adorable, sir," Yeosang chuckles as he looks at the man sitting next to him on the car. "my aunt will love this fit on you."

"really?" he looks up with sparkly eyes, but then composes himself immediately. "i mean— i know she'll love it, who wouldn't?"

Yeosang giggles again, "i was honestly intimidated by you when you had that prada suit and black hair, but now you just look like a kpop idol."

"watch your words, boy, you still want something from me," he glares, but it's nothing intimidating. he just looks annoyed. "but ok, i'll give you that. kpop idols are pretty anyways."

as the driver parks the car in front of the café, Yeosang watches the man fix his hair on the mirror and pat himself all over to make sure everything's on place before they exit the car and head to the café.

inside, aunt Mina is sitting on one of the chairs with a huge bag next to her, looking down on her phone. Yeosang smiles as he skips to her.

"aunt Mina!"

she looks up with a big smile and opens her arms to hug him. Yeosang wasn't lying when he said he's her favourite. after a bone-crushing hug, the lady smiles as she hands him the bag she had next to her.

"this is a gift for all of your hardworking sweetie," she pats his head as he takes it with a big smile, but then her face drains of all colours when she sees who's standing behind him.

"thank you auntie— oh right, that's uncle Yoseob," he turns to point at the.. shy..? man standing behind him. "i thought you two knew each other," he subtly winks at her, and her blush reaches her ears. "anyways— i have to get going. please you two have fun."

as Yeosang is being driven back to the company by Yeseob's driver, he sends a message to Jongho.

to my partner in crime ho
yah