CHAPTER THREE

a seed of hope was planted, deep within a broken soul.
and with each passing day, it grew a notch more.

•••

       San had almost forgotten about the audition as he went on with his busy life, doing various jobs and hunting for a replacement of the one he lost two days ago. he hasn't had that much time to sleep lately, for the new job he got was babysitting an evil child for a single dad who left for a business trip for one night and two days.

the kid is eleven years old, and very much mischievous. he likes to call San names and throwing the garbage at him, but San has been told not to shout at the boy, or scold him. his father loved the reincarnation of evil so much that he threatened San to kill him if he dares to as much as raise his voice at the child. he also threatened to not give him any money if the kid wasn't pleased with him.

so, San's currently in the bathroom, in his last day of babysitting the cruel monster, picking black beans off of his dark hair, eyes drooping from how tired he is.

"Sannie! come here and make me Jajangmyun you slave!"

San sighs, rubbing his eyes and getting rid of the last bean before trudging into the kitchen, where the kid is sitting on one of the stools and ripping papers apart and throwing them on the floor.

San ignores him and gets a cup of jajangmyun to prepare.

"oh! and when you're done, clean this!" the kid laughs and when San turns around he sees him pouring thick soup (probably mixed with liquid glue??) over the papers on the floor. he wants to cry at the horrible scene, or to just lie down and die. maybe even pour hot water over his head and kill himself (will hot water kill him though?).

whilst in the middle of cleaning the disgusting mess, San's phone buzzes, and he is just about ready to die. is he getting fired from another job? he can't afford losing any source of money right now! he's so close to renting his own room with the savings he's making. although it would be small and dirty and empty, it'll still have a roof to help him get through winter.

but the number on the screen is unknown, and he sighs as he presses the green button, the broken glass grazing his fingertip.

"hello? is this Choi San?"

"yes? who is this?"

"it's KQ entertainment," the female on the other side speaks, and San's breath gets caught in his throat. "congratulations, you've been accepted into the company!"

"i— really?" bewildered, confused, hopeful, ecstatic. San doesn't know how to feel, but there's something building in his stomach, and there's a sweet taste in his mouth. "i've— i've been accepted?"

"yes, sir. you can come by today at six and start your training. ask to meet CEO Gyuk when you arrive."

San's heart does something as the phone call comes to an end, and as he sits his phone down, he thinks his chest will explode.

being accepted into an agency isn't something light, and it means he'll have free meals at the cafeteria and a dorm to live in with other trainees. he doesn't know if it means he will have a monthly allowance as well or not, but it doesn't matter as his stomach has been empty for the last three days and the thought of having a full meal every day fills him up with warmth.