CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

oh but that's the irony,
broken people
are not fragile.
- CSJR.

•••

      "hyung?"

San looks up from his calculus test result at the younger boy with a raised brow.

"do you think we can kill the teacher and get away with it?"

San chuckles, "i say we watch how to get away with murder first and then begin our planning."

Jongho nods with a pout, "ok, agreed. i really hate him! like why would he give me 24/25 when i got all of them right?? what's the neatness of the paper or my handwriting got to do with the answers!"

"your handwriting is honestly horrifying," Yeosang says as he goes to sit on the desk in front of them. he has gotten the full mark as well as San, who was beaming happily because of the fact that this was his first time doing well in a test. he felt like he achieved something great. "i don't blame him for lowering your grade, honestly go practice hangul."

Jongho glares at him and snatches his paper from the desk and walks to sit at the corner of the room alone. Yeosang chuckles, "oohh, our baby bear is sulking," He coos loudly making San chuckle.

"shut up hyung," Jongho exclaims as he glares daggers at him.

there's a knock that echos throughout the small room that brings all of their attention to the door.

"hello," Mingi peeks his head in. "how'd y'all do?"

Jongho looks away with his arms crossed and Mingi raises a brow at that.

"don't mind him, he's sulking," Yeosang explains. "me and San got full marks, whereas our dearest maknae got 24/25 because of his horrific handwriting."

"well Yeosang you should help him improve it then with that scarily elegant handwriting of yours," Mingi suggests, "but good job Jongho! hyung is proud!"

"shut up hyung."

"ok whatever, San c'mon the CEO wants us."

San raises a brow but nods and stands up, stuffing the test papers into his backpack and throwing it to the corner of the room before following behind Mingi, leaving Yeosang and Jongho to fight all they want.

"ok— listen carefully," Mingi whispers as they round a corner. "your father is here, and he's demanding being left alone with you. you're his son after all."

San feels his chest physically tighten. "you w-won't leave me alone with him, right?"

"of course not you idiot," Mingi smiles at him reassuringly. "but we're pretending to be oblivious, right? so now we all think he's a good person and it won't be bad to leave you alone with him. that's what he thinks. we don't want him to get suspicious, so we have made a plan."

"a plan?" San purses his lips as they near the CEO's office.

"yeah, look," Mingi fishes out a digital watch from his pocket and hands it to San. "go in, wear this, and if he as much as comes near you, we'll be right there in an instant."