CHAPTER FOUR

loneliness wrapped around his heart,
for he was,
a boy who could never be loved.

•••

People. San has a hard time dealing with people. as an introverted person who has only seen the dark side of the world for as long as he had lived, he can only hold himself from trembling for so long. he doesn't like people, he's not social. the only normal human contacts he's had so far are Jeongin, his new boss, and his beloved angel. other than that, people are just all fake and shitty.

and that's why, as San is being guided to a dance practice room by non other than CEO Gyuk, to where he'll be able to meet his new members, he feels nervous, his hands shaking and there's this drum band inhabiting his head right now, making it bound with a headache. he really regrets not choosing going solo, because then he wouldn't have to deal with having band members and all that shit he's not in a good shape to deal with.

but what's done is done, and now San has to face the consequences.

they stop in front of a door that San recognises. the same door he entered two days ago for his audition. CEO Gyuk knocks twice before walking in, San following him like a lost puppy.

inside the room, there's three teenagers, one short and two too tall to even be human, all wearing very different styles of outfits. the three of them are sweaty and panting as they look at the door with bewildered looks, and a man who stands close to the mirror stops the music that's playing and then turns to the new arrivals, looking much older than the three others. San gulps down his nerves, trying to calm down his heart.

it won't be so bad, he's only here for the money and the roof. it's okay. he'll leave soon, it doesn't matter. he doesn't need to worry. everything will be fine.

as San is trying to ted talk himself into calming down, CEO Gyuk claps his hands once before smiling at his trainees.

"guys, meet our new edition to KQ Fellaz, Choi San," CEO Gyuk stepped aside to let them see San, who waves awkwardly, not really knowing what to do. "he'll be in the vocal line for the time being. please welcome him warmly."

a long silence stretched out before the older male spoke, "welcome, San-ah. i'm Seongkyun, the choreographer and  dance teacher."

San quickly bows. "n-nice to meet you, sir."

he waves him off, "just call me hyung," grabbing his towel, he goes to the CEO, putting an arm around his shoulder. "thirty minute break y'all, get to know each other and all whilst i go discuss some boring money shit with my old fella."

CEO Gyuk rolls his eyes as the two friends walk out of the room, leaving the four awkward males alone.

the first one to speak is one of the two massively tall boys, dressed in a white half sleeve shirt stuffed into grey sweatpants, his hair a light chestnut colour.

"San-ssi! welcome.. i'm yunho! you can call me Yuyu! my friends call me that," he steps forward, his face adapting to a smile that held sunshine and radiated comfort towards the nervous male. "it's nice meeting you! i'm also a vocalist, we can be the best vocal line!! how old are you by the way? me and Mingi are '99 liners."

he points at Mingi, the other tall guy with a black and red checkered shirt over a black shirt and loose pants, his hair a dark shade of brown.