CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

If you feel like you're going to crash then accelerate harder, you idiot.
- bts, nevermind.

•••

         a deep frown is implanted onto the features of the dark figure sitting before Yeosang. his shoulders are broad and his eyes are slanted and spitting flames. his stance alone screams prestige, and his clothes glisten with money, the prada suit he's clad in is crisp and fitting perfectly onto his fit and muscling body. he doesn't look like one to be messed with, and Yeosang's definitely not planning to play with him.

"so?" he raises a perfectly shaped eyebrow, his tall body leaning back on the chair and his slick black hair is glistening beneath the florescent lights.

Yeosang clears his throat and wipes his clammy hands on his very much out of place jeans. "i—"

"your father told me you were in a hurry, but it doesn't look like you are?" he speaks again and this time he turns around with his chair to stare at the view before his glassed-walls. the whole city is buzzing with life from here on the 60th floor.

"i-i am— i heard about y-you sir from a friend- di-didn't even know we were related to be honest," Yeosang says quietly as he looks at his fingers. "i really need your help, please don't say no."

"and what would you do for me in return?" he spins around in his chair, a smirk overtaking his face.

Yeosang stares at him for a second, and at that moment he realises why his aunt couldn't stop talking about him the whole week he spent at his family's house. Kang Yoseob is quite the looker, his face is sculpted, and everything about him screams beauty and elegance. he never had a face to put to his aunt's rambling, never knew who the man was, but now he understands.

"i— you know aunt Mina?" Yeosang asks, not sure if he's playing the right card here. the man's eyes immediately widen.

"as in Min Mina?" he asks with his voice full of something that Yeosang didn't think the cold man was capable of feeling. it's pure love.

"yep," Yeosang smiles, and he now knows that the card he dealt was definitely the right one. "i'm her favourite nephew— you like her, sir, right?"

"so what you're saying is," he leans back on his chair as a slender finger goes to rub at his sharp jawline. "you'll set us up if i agree? but what if she rejects me, then i'll get nothing out of this."

"no one can reject such beauty, sir," Yeosang winces internally, his toes curling at how cringy he sounds. "but just to be sure, we can start today with the setting you up thing, and we can work on that as you help me.. as you know relationships take time."

the man then looks satisfied, and Yeosang high fives himself internally, making a mental note to send a message to Jongho later to inform him that their plan will officially start today.

San whines as he plops down next to Seonghwa on the practice room. he's been back on the group practice for only a week now, but his muscles are sour and his wounds hurt like crazy.

"hey Sannie," Seonghwa smiles at him then goes back to playing some game on his phone. San whines again as he starts to melt more and more onto the floor until he's lying his head on the older's lap. "what's up, San-ah? why so deflated today?"