Chapter 2 | While It Lasts

(no proof read. also i'm moving to third person since it's way easier now that i've written more in third person pov. for y/n i'll make her like. a brunette. so yeah. btw. how did everyone like the new love joy ep?)

Clay and Nick continued their banter, Patches already absent from the room. And so was Camila. Y/n was frozen to the spot, her heart beating at a rapid speed. All of a sudden, the warmth in her chest, the warmth that spread throughout her body when she arrived back to the house. It disappeared. As if someone just snapped it away.

The playful banter? That didn't matter anymore to Y/n. Her mind clouded with things she wanted to say to Camila, things that she wanted to apologize for. But something rooted her to the ground that she knelt down on.

Fear.

The brunette was scared. She was finally here, she's able to talk things over with Drista. But nothing more had to explain how much of a coward she was to follow the blonde up the stairs. She wanted to fix things, she wanted to talk. She just needed one more shove.

Think, Y/n. Think of something. Y/n said in her mind. I'd have to deal with leaving Tommy and Camila a problem. That I'd leave Camila again without talking to her. And I'm doing the same with Tom. At least fix things with one of them. The brunette thought, her eyes shut.

She huffed out in disdain, standing up abruptly from where she knelt. Clay and Nick didn't seem phased by the sudden mood change. In fact, they hadn't noticed a single thing going on, or that Camila walked into the room.

And Y/n was glad about that. She wanted to speak to Drista with no interruptions. No disturbances. As the brunette reached the top of the stairs, Camila was already gone. Y/n assumed that she fled to her room, bee lining to the familiar halls and the recognizable door down the hall.

The door was a plain white and run down like it had been kicked or knocked on harshly. The gold plate of the door knob mockingly shone in Y/n's eyes. Her hand hovered over the door knob hesitantly. As if it would burn her if she touched it.

She took a sharp intake of breath, her heart pounding against her chest. She couldn't waste her stay. Who knew when she would come back? Y/n let out her breath, gripping the knob and twisting it.

The creak of the door was heard, no sound other than that. Except for Clay and Nick yelling of course. Regardless, when Y/n walked in, all she saw was a blonde, sitting stiffly on her bed side. She was facing completely away from the door way, her face hidden by her hair.

It made Y/n's heart sink further down. Back then, she wouldn't have even imagined Camila so down. Seeing what she did to her best friend hurt her. But not as much as it could hurt Camila, and Y/n knew that. She knows what she did hurt both of them, but with Camila? Gosh, she bet it hurt her more.

The brunette didn't bother saying a word when she closed the door behind her. The yelling was muffled and a painful silence filled the room. It was as if there was an apple shoved in her mouth, disabling her to speak.

When she rounded to the side of the bed where Camila sat, she saw the indignation casting her face. Though, a dismal look also swirled in her hazel eyes that Y/n would fail to notice.

It shouldn't take a genius to figure out they both had no room to figure things out, more or less, talk. It seemed both weren't ready, but Y/n was persistent to fix things. She was eager to talk, to make things go back to what they were before. But she knew that wouldn't be the case. Sure, they can patch some things up, but would they both forget?

Y/n knew she wouldn't forgive herself, and if Camila didn't forgive her either, then she would only think, "That's understandable" and let her be. It's for Camila to make her mind up on, not Y/n's.