Chapter 42 | No Words

(no proof read)

I breathed out coldly as the night air wafted around me. It was chilly and yet this jacket didn't do its justice. Though it was fine I guess. It worked slightly... I just hoped this bitch opened the god damn door already.

Grumbling, I look up to see Julia's house looming over me, the lights on in certain windows. I tapped on the cement ground with my shoe as I wait impatiently. Sounds of rushed footsteps were heard from the other side.

Soon enough, the door flung open with the ravenette peeking through, the lights shining outside. She smiled as the warmth was felt seeping through to the outside.

"Come in, isn't it freezing?" She welcomes as she opens the door wider for me to walk inside. I scoff and walk in as I slip off my shoes.

"You are such a prick" I laugh as I lightly hit her on the back. "You made me wait out there!" I exclaim jokingly with a huff. Julia rolled her eyes. "Well sorry. Not my fault you made it earlier than expected" she laughed.

I chuckle and take my coat off, the warmth nice. It made me feel numb but nonetheless, at least I wasn't in the cold freezing air. Maybe freezing to death would've been better. I sigh at the thought and shake my head as I ignore Julia. As much as I shouldn't. Though I was right. Freezing to death does sound quite nice right now.

It would be better than leaving to the U.S at least... But I guess it was for the better. I grumble as I hear the ravenette finish her sentence quickly. "..whatever the bad news it mustn't be that bad right?" she says looking over.

I smile nervously and chuckle. "Well.. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it might be" I sigh. Her face drops ever so slightly and she pursed her lips looking away. "Why don't we go somewhere more comfortable. Sit down and shit" I say comfortingly as she nods slowly.

She leads me up to her room which was lit purple by her LED lights, her monitors on. The atmosphere was calm yet tense although I hadn't even spoken a word about the situation. I purse my lips as she sits down at her seat, gesturing to her bed.

I look over and sat myself down as the silence washes over us. Nothing much was said as I fidgeted with my fingers. It pained me to tell her, but it had to be said. Or who else would I tell? It's not like I can just up and go.

I grumbled and turnt over to her, her eyes staring deeply into her screen. "Julia.." I spoke softly. She hums and glances over, her eyes piercing into me. My breath hitched slightly and gulp. "I know everything's been down to shit and there's a problem after problem" I state, stalling a bit.

The ravenette cocks and eyebrow and nods. A lump forms in my throat and I purse my lips. "Well.. you know my Mums had some problems lately with work. So.. she found a new job" I explain. Julia hums a slow smile forming. "Hey, I'm not finished" I warn sternly.

Her face goes neutral and she grumbles. "Right, sorry. Go on" she informs. I nod and clasp my hands together.

"We're moving. We're moving far, far away" I say breaking the ice. Julia's eyes widened, her mouth slightly parting. "How far?" she asks hurriedly her eyes in shock.

"We're traveling to the U.S. Florida, then to California. I don't know how long we're gonna stay or if we're even going to come back" I explain painfully as my heart ached a bit. "If I had to tell someone, it had to be you" I smile bittersweetly.

She smiled back and chuckled, "Well it's nice you told me. But what about Tubbo and Tommy? Are you going to tell them?" Julia questions worriedly. I groan and lay back on her bed.

"That's what I've been thinking about. I can't just leave with nothing to say to them" I say with a grumble. My eyebrows furrowed and I closed my eyes in stress. "Maybe I shouldn't tell them I'm leaving" I suggest breaking the short silence.