Chapter 36 | Change Should Scare Everyone

(no proof read. if this is late, i'm so sorry lmao. also i have a side story for julia and sophie that i mentioned last chapter. i think. check it out if you'd like- it's not really plot relevant. anyways, back to y/n's pov)

Nothing was better to be honest. I would be lying if I said it wasn't great, it's just... Tommy's been distant lately now. Not that he doesn't talk to all of us still, it's just that he barely even tries to meet up and talk. We literally have to spam call and spam his @ for him to pay attention.

It's rather odd for the blonde. After me and Tubbo got together he said he would cope with it. I guess he has, because he rarely even reacts to us flirting now. I'm glad he doesn't mind it now because everything barely feels different. For example Tommy's still as energetic as he used to be, but if we're at school he's off somewhere else and not talking to me or Julia.

But what was Tommy to do after me and Tubbo are talking all day? Not even Julia talks to me as much, she's also talking to Sophie because she craves attention. Me and the ravenette talked it over and said it was completely fine if we both weren't talking as much. We both had relationships, it was fine.

At least we try to talk a lot. It's not like Sophie pulls Julia away at every break she can, she actually talks with me and Julia. Tommy... well, he's gone like I said. There's barely any time I can catch him at the start of break because by then he's already out of the lecture hall.

Its such a hassle just trying to find him, but we gave up after so long. It's been 2 months now that me and Tubbo have gotten together and Tommy's completely fine now. But at what cost did that benefit us even though Tommy isn't talking to us? Ever since he met up with his old friend, Sylvie, all he's ever done was be on his phone and ignore us.

At least he has time to stream but now those messages he gets from a girl are now true. Every stream he's done so far in the past 2 months, he's constantly gotten messages to the point where he had to silence it during stream. It sort of made me worried. What if Tommy just cut off us off randomly?

I conversed this to Julia who said he didn't even have the audacity to cut us off. It's just that he was distracted by this Sylvie girl, was her words. "Maybe he likes her" the ravenette shrugged that day. When she said that, I couldn't help but overthink it.

I knew it'd make sense for him to get over the fact that me and Toby were together, but I didn't expect him to talk to that Sylvie after. It confused me, but if he did like her, was I even relevant? In a way, it hurt me even though I've gotten over him by now.

Regardless of all the worrying about Tommy, I was happy with Tubbo. He would occasionally call me and we would talk for hours. At least my mom didn't mind, it worried me when I had to tell her with Toby.
The days weren't as boring as well because after school Julia and Sophie would come over to hang out sometimes. Great thing is Tubbo also takes the time to talk during we meet up as well.

And now that it was December, we were nearing Toby's birthday and we had school break. Even though the school year hasn't ended yet, at least it was going to be another year. 2020 wasn't as great.

(a/n: yeah the time didn't really move on. i'm not great with time dude, i made a summary in 5th grade which was 4 pages. i was supposed to write a 2 page summary)

Even though the school year hasn't ended, we were still going to thrown a party for Toby and have a Christmas party as well. Worst thing to happen was that the house would get trashed since the party was being held at mine. If it did get trashed somehow my mom would kill me..

Luckily we talked it over and she said it was completely fine as long as we didn't make a mess. I just hope Tommy doesn't start to be reckless and trash the place like when we did that cooking stream. I sigh as I continue to let my mind go through every thought.