Chapter 25 | Nobody

(no proof read as always. will address milestone at end. angst and fluff?)

Eyes red, sniffles heard and our hands interlocked. Tommy had calmed me down until we were both able to go back inside looking perfectly fine with him whispering sweet nothings in my ear, our arms wrapped around each other as we basked in warmth. It was comforting while it lasted, but good things always have to end.

After I had calmed down which had taken very long, me and Tommy stayed close together with our hands clasped together. We walked in silence and when we walked back inside, loud chatter was heard.

Before we continued any further Tommy turned to me and pulled me into his chest once again making me surprised. "Tommy?" I whisper softly.

"Nothing will change. I promise. If you want to have some distance, that's fine. If you want time alone, that's also fine. You can talk to me whenever you need to, ok?" he reminded me. Almost close to tears again, I nod into his shoulder and hug him back, my arms around his neck.

"Thank you Tommy" I thanked him. He nodded and pulled away.

"We should go now, we've been out there for a while" the blonde smiled sadly. I nod and we continue to walk down the hall where the living room was wide and open. By now, everyone was here talking. When we walked in, Julia, May, and Tubbo looked at us. May looked concerned when her eyes landed on me and Julia's eyes widened. They both ran to me, the ravenette glaring Tommy down.

"Honey, what happened?" May asked worriedly when she reached me, her hand on my shoulder and my cheek. "Oh, you're eyes are so red" she said concerned.

I chuckle and take her hand off my cheek gently. "It's fine May, me and Tommy just talked about something personal. We've figured it out already" I reassure her, her eyes flickering to Tommy then back to me. She nods.

"Know if you need to talk, I'm here, alright?" she reminded me. I nodded with a smile and she walked back to one of the recliners, sitting back down. Julia then walks up me, looking at Tommy coldly.

"I would slap you right now if I could, but you're lucky everyone's here right now" the ravenette said through gritted teeth, fire basically raging within her eyes. Tommy pursed his lips, his gaze meeting the floor.

"So I'm guessing you don't" Julia said, crossing her arms looking straight at Tommy. He looked back up, staring dead in Julia's eyes. He shakes his head, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm sorry. I don't like Y/n that way" he said again, making my heart sting once more. He gave a reassuring squeeze in my hand, my heart pounding in my chest. Platonic. It's all platonic. Everything.

"You know what I said. You remember what would happen, yeah?" she said angrily, looking at Tommy with disgust. His eyes widen.

"Julia, I'm sure it was nothing like that. I didn't make her hope like that, I didn't play with her to make her think I liked her... did I?" he asked unsure looking at me. I pursed my lips and looked at my shoes.

"You made me hope... but not to the point where I fully thought you liked me" I explain in a soft voice, barely in a whisper. Julia glares at Tommy.

His eyes were concerned, worried even. I was confused with the situation at hand. Julia huffed. "You know what I said that day, right?" she brought up. Tommy gulped and nodded. What was happening here? What did they talk about?.

"Julia, she said I didn't make her think she liked me" he said almost desperately. "If anything, we can just... avoid each other. She can if she wants" he says pleadingly. I cock an eyebrow, looking between the two.

"What the hell are you guys talking about?" I ask confused. Julia shook her head.

"Nothing Y/n. But Tommy? You stay away from her for now. Until she's ok with everything and is ok to talk with you, you're allowed. If she wants to talk to you, she can" the ravenette explains sternly. He nods, squeezing my hand.