42

Rays pov

I walked down the hallway. I heard people talking about me as I walked. I tried to ignore all the stairs and whispers about me but it was starting to get difficult. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I continued walking until I felt arms wrap around me.

"Hello love". I smiled and put my hand on his arm. "Yo".

The past few months I've been stuck in a hospital. Norman got released 3 weeks before me but as he promised he visited every day. I did physical therapy so I am almost as strong as I was before but not quit there yet.

Norman grabbed my hand and we both walked to are first class. I sat down in the back of the class like I used to but the difference now was Norman was sitting on one side of me while there was still a seat left next to me for Emma.

After Norman told his freinds he was done being a player and he only wanted to date me they all yelled at him and kicked him out of there group. A few people had noticed he was acting sad and started hanging out with him. Almost all of the people who he had played read the letter and forgave him so he had alot of new better friends.  I'm so happy for him.

When Emma walked into the room she glanced at my seat and when she saw me her mouth dropped open and she screamed and ran up to me. I didn't tell anyone except Norman I was coming back today so it would be a surprise.

When Emma got to me she engulfed me into a tight hug. I patted her head while she buried herself in my shirt. I felt her shaking a little bit so I pulled her away and saw she was crying.

"E-emma whats wrong why are you crying"!? Emma shook her head and rubbed her eyes. "I'm sorry im just so happy your back and ok".

I smiled at her and hugged her again.  After we pulled away we sat down and talked almost through the whole class period. Norman joined in several times and Emma seemed to be really confertable with him now.

Norman and I went to are next class. For the first time the teacher walked into the classroom without the smell of alcohol on her and she looked almost like a teacher.

"Hello class today I want everyone to go to the library and study for the other classes". Everyone stood up and started gathering there books and leaving the room. I went to fallow them all with Norman behind me until I felt the teachers hand on my shoulder.

"Gray was it? I need to talk to you about something".

"Um miss my name is ray but ok what wrong"?

The teacher told Norman to leave and go to the library and she had me sit down.

"I saw the news tray and I was wondering what your last name is"?

I was shock by what she said. She saw the news and dosnt give a crap two of her students almost died all she wants to know is my last name.

"Um my last names grace... I'm Ray grace".

"Was your fathers name Leslie"?

I nodded still confused with what was going on.

"Um yeah".

"Omg I knew it now that I look at you I can see him in you rick"!

The teacher was smiling widely and seemed to want to jump out of her seat.

"Did you know my father also my name is ray".

"Yeah yeah Jane Rick whatever. Also yes your dad and I go wayyyy back. We were best friends in high school".

She knew my dad...

"Can you maybe...tell me about him..."

I always wanted to know more about who my dad was. Mom tried to tell me stories but most of the time when she tried to she would break down crying before the end of it so I didn't ask her about him often.