39

Rays pov

Norman...please don't go....

I saw Norman run away after he saw Tyler kiss me and I couldn't do anything. No I can do something.

I opened my mouth to let Tylers tongue in but when he put his tongue in my mouth I bite down hard. Tyler pulled away and when he did I kneed him in the balls. He curled up on the floor but I didn't have time to see if he was ok. I ran after Norman. I ran around the school to see if he was in the school building but after awhile of searching I decided he must've gone home.

I ran out the doors and felt Tyler grab me agin. "Ray im sorry but please don't go I love you". I glared at him and was about to yell at him until I saw a tall man approach behind Tyler. 

Tyler turned around and was about to say something when before we could think he was on the ground with a brush forming on his head.

I looked up and saw the man. He carried a bloody baseball bat and a crazy smile. I recognized that smile all to well. "What do you want liam"?

"I want you to be a good little brat and come with me and the other kid dosnt get hurt". Liam said. I saw Tyler stand up and try to charge at Liam but it was no use. Liam grabbed his head and slammed it to the ground. Over and over and over.

"STOP" I yelled and liam stopped and looked at me. "R-ray run". Tyler said but I didn't. "I'll go with you just let him go". Liam nodded and threw Tyler into a bush like he was trash.

Liam grabbed my arm and dragged me to a car im guessing he stole. He tied my wrist and ankles and pushed me inside. Before I got inside though he grabbed my phone and threw it onto the sidewalk. He slammed the car door shut and walked over to tylers body. I was about to yell to leave him alone until I saw Liam write something on a sheet of paper and shove it in tylers pocket.

Liam claimed in the car and started to drive us away. "So why did you do this and whats your plan"? I asked and I saw Liam glare at me threw the mirror. "Why would I tell you"? "Well every stupid villain always revels his evil plan to the victim and that gives enough time for the hero to save them. You know I think you fit the description of dumb evil villain pretty well.

Before I could say another word Liam slammed on the brakes and got out if the car. He opened the door holing his baseball bat and before I could think he slammed it to my head knocking me out.

"Ray....Ray... Ray come on you promised we could bake cookies together wake up". I opened my eyes to see a young girl with blond hair holding a stuffed bunny to her chest. "Conny"?

"Come on Ray you promised now get up" she said grabbing my hand and pulling me off the couch. I smiled at the little girl and nodded. "I did promise didn't i". Conny pouted at me and I laughed. "OK ok we can make cookies now just go get the baking sheets from the cabinet.

We both baked cookies and watched tv together. The show was based off of my favorite book series so I decided to tease conny a bit. "You know when you turn twelve your parents are ganna sell you away to demons and eat you up like a cookie". Conny looked at me horrified for a second then she started laughing so I started tickling her.

We heard the front door open so we got off the couch and went to see who it was. Mom was standing there with connys parents smiling at us. "Wow it smells great in here". Connys dad said so I went into the kitchen and came back with a small bag of the cookies we made.

"Daddy look Ray and I made cookies". I nodded and patted connys head. "Yep and she did most of the work right conny". Conny laughed and so did her parents. I waved goodbye and they left.

"Today's the day right"? I said to mom as she nodded. "I don't want to do this" I said and mom sighed and hugged me. "I know but this is the only way we can make enough money to leave and get to that new place with Liam.

I sighed and nodded. We packed some of are stuff. Around 8:00 mom and I put the stuff in her car she rented. While she did this I waited for the signal and when I saw the signal I grabbed the lighter fluid and started pouring it around the the apartment. I then grabbed a match and threw it into the building that I once called home.

I ran out of the apartment yelling there was a fire. It all happened in a blur but the next thing I knew I had conny in my arms on the way to the place we would be selling her to. She was crying and so was I. I didn't want this to happen I didn't want any of this to happen. I held conny close trying to calm her down as she cried.

I whispered a thousand sorrys to her but nothing stopped her crying.  She had been betrayed by her friend and one of the only frinds she had. I didn't know how to calm her down so I started to hum to her the song I remembered my mother humming to me. And the song I remembered my father hummed to me from when I wasn't even born yet. Conny calmed down a little bit and it was nearing time to let her go. I patted her head and kept her cuddled to my chest.

"I'm so sorry about this conny. I never wanted this to happen. But there's nothing I can do to stop this".

"I know and I forgive you ray".

"Rise and shine brat time to wake up".