12

Rays pov

Omg did you see Norman has a hicky

Wow do you think last night he did..you know what...

Wow I wonder who he did it with.

I wish it were me

Thats all I herd walking down the hallway. Constant rumors about Norman sleeping with someone because he had a hicky. Its kinda funny. The fact everyone just assumed he had sex when in fact we were doing nothing more then playing around.

I smirked to myself as I heard some of Norman's friends asking what happened but he refused to tell them.

It was funny watching some girls complaining about how they wish it were them who could've slept with him. Now I was debating if telling Norman to stop being a player was such a food idea. But he did hurt some nice people so I guess i am doing a little bit of good.

"Hey Ray " I heard someone call me. I looked over and saw Emma running up to me. "Are you ok ray" she asked "yeah I'm fine why". She grabbed my hand and lead me over to the library. 

"Emma whats wrong"? She grabbed both of my shoulders and looked me directly in the eye. " how have you not heard Norman has a hicky and you told us yesterday that you were going to hang out with him after school".

Thats when I realized what she thought had happend. I couldn't help but snicker a little bit. She let go of me and looked confused.  "Emma I didn't have sex with Norman".

"Well then who did" I shook my head. "Noone did". Emma looked like she was about to cry with how confused she was. "Emma I gave him the hicky but it was only as a joke".

Emma sighed and them hugged me. "Ray please be careful with Norman ". "I know but he told me yesterday he wanted to change".

I thought Emma would be happy with what I told her but she just pulled away and glared at me. "And you really believe him". "Um why wouldn't i".

Emma sighed and hugged me again.  "Ray you are both smart and dumb at the same time". "What do you mean"?
"Don't worry about it".

After are talk in the library emmaand I both went to are class. Norman and his friends talked through most of the class while Emma and I actually paid attention to the teacher.

The next class Norman and I both sat together. He certainly ahold of my hand throughout the entire class and I told him about my favorite books.

During lunch I told Emma don and Gilda about how Norman was trying to change. Gilda and don both looked exited and impresed that I would make the biggest player in school want to change but Emma just looked the other way and frowned. Now I'm really curious about what happend between her and Norman.

They both said that they dated back in middle school but when Norman was telling me about the letters he wrote he said Emmas had to be special. I don't know why I didn't ask why at the time but when I went to aske Emma about it now the lunch bell rang so we had to go to class.

After school I told Emma, Gilda, and don bye and started walking back home.

When I got inside I saw my mother standing there smiling at me. I ran up to her and hugged her tightly. I haven't even noticed but this was the longest time I had ever been away from her. I didn't even realize how much I missed her.

"Welcome home Ray how was your sleepovers and school". I looked at my mother and smiled at her and brought her up to my room with me so I could unpack and tell her everything that happend.

I left out a few parts like how Norman was a player and how we kissed and cuddled.  And how I had a meltdown in a cafe. But I told her about how nice his mom and dad are and his big house and beach house. Then I told her about how I beat him in the video game. She smiled and watched me explain my experiences.

"I'm glad you had fun sweetie". I smiled at her and hugged her again. "So did you and Liam do anything fun". My mom smiled at me. "Yeah we had a movie night". I smiled at her then heard the front door open.

"Looks like Liam is home" mom said letting me go from the hug. "I'll call you down when dinner is done". I smiled and nodded at her. She left my room and I finished putting my cloths away.

After I finished with that I looked at my phone and say I got a text from Norman.

Norman
Hey watcha doing

Ray
I was putting my stuff away hbu

Norman
Cool I was writing more letters

Ray
Cool

Norman
Yeah

Ray
Can I ask you something

Norman
Yeah whats up

Ray
What happend with you and Emma

Norman
We dated in middle school
I thought I told you already

Ray
You did it just seems like something else happend because every time I mentioned you in a conversation she always looks so angry.

Norman
Something else did happen...

Ray
?

Norman
I'd rather tell you next tell you come over

Ray

Norman
Sorry😓🙏

Ray
Its fine as long as you tell me sometime soon

Norman
Will do🙂👍

I smiled to myself. Maybe someday soon ill be able to get Emma to realize Norman is actually changing for the better and she and him can be friends.

"Ray dinners done" I heard my mom call. I put my phone away and ran down the stairs. I saw Liam on the couch. "Oh your back i thought you were gone for good" Liam said with a snarl. "Did you not hear my mom call for me, or did you change your name to Ray while I was gone".

Liam stood up and looked like he was about to kill me but mom walked into the room so he sat back down. Mom rolled her eyes and sat next to Liam while I went and got dinner.

"Will you two ever learn to get along".