4

After a long tiring day Ray could finally go home. He just hoped Liam wasn't there. Once he got inside the smell of smoke quickly filled his lungs.

Ray burst into a coughing fit and his mother ran into the room. "Ah Ray how was your first day at school" she asked. After Ray recovered from coughing he answered "it was fine". Isabella nodded and Liam walked into the room. "You know you could give more detail brat your mom just wanted to know how your day was". Ray and Liam both had a silent glare contest but Liam won like he always did. Ray sighed as Isabella walked back into the room with a paper in her hands.

"Ray do you mind going to the store for me I need you to pick up a few things". Ray nodded. He personally hated going out in public but if it meant getting away from Liam then he was more then happy to.

Ray went up to his room to change out of his school uniform into a sweatshirt and jeans and grabbed his wallet.  Isabella had taught Ray from a young age how to shoplift and pickpocket but he preferred to do things legally. He was worried if he ever got caught what the police would do to him.

Ray told his mother he was leaving then left. It was around 6:00 and he normallyhad to be home before dark . The only exception was if he texted her telling her were he was and if he was staying with someone but he had never had a sleepover at a friend's house because let's be honest he never really had any close enough friends to be able to do that kind of thing. At his old school he did have friend's but after school hours they would all seem to just disappear.

Ray sighed to himself remembering his old home and how much better it was then this place. Sure he never lived in a fancy house only ever an old apartment building but at least it had air conditioning.  Now he was just wondering why he put himself in the situation of walking down the street on a hot day in a black sweatshirt and jeans. Well at least he didn't look like trash.

Ray got to the store and was searching for all the items his mother put on her shopping list. He was just enjoying the air conditioning when he herd the stores door open and a small gasp. Ray looked at who it was but didn't look directly at the person to just in case it was someone he knew it would make it easier to avoid. Well his plan didn't work.

The person he saw was a boy with platinum blond hair and blue eyes and was looking directly at him. Ray groaned to himself as Norman walked up to him and put his arm around his shoulder. "Heyyy Ray how are you". Ray sighed to himself. "I was doing ok a minute ago before you showed up" he snapped at the other boy pulling himself from normans grasp."oh that must mean your doing great now that I showed up right". Ray was about to shoot back a insult until his phone rang in his pocket.

Ray pulled out his phone looking at the caller ID and saw it was Liams number.

Norman noted that Ray had winced once he looked at his phone. He was about to ask if Ray was alright but Ray had already put the phone up to his ear.

Norman didn't hear much just yelling and Ray mumbling then Ray said " yeah ill be get that for you and be back soon" then Ray hung up the phone and put it back in his pocket.

Rays pov

That was annoying.  Liam just called me to tell me he wanted some soda and that I needed to be back home soon. But why did he have to yell through the phone. So much for me enjoying the air conditioning. I looked up and saw Norman. Oh yeah he's here to. "Sorry that was just my moms boyfriend". I told Norman. "Well he sounds friendly " Norman said sarcastically. "Yeah tell me about it". We both laughed a little bit then walked around the store talking and making fun of Liam and his yelling.

"Wait so your telling me your living in a old house with no ac" Norman said like I had just grown 2 heads. I just shrugged and he shook his head. " thats unacceptable ". I was confused what did he mean and why did he care. "Look I know we just met today but how about you spend the night at my house" Norman suggested.  "I don't know if that's such a good idea" I said true it would be nice to sleep in air conditioning again and be able to get away from Liam but I still remember what Norman said back in class and I didn't want anything to do with any kind of dating.

"Don't worry about it seriously all you have to do is text your mom tell her you want to stay the night at a friend's drop off the groceries grab some clothes then your good". "I still don't think-" I started but Norman cut me off. " if your worried about what I said in class then don't be right now I'm dating this one girl so your pretty much safe from me for now". I sighed and agreed to spend the night at Normans house.

Norman offered to walk back home with me but I told him no so Norman gave me his address and phone number so I could walk over when I was ready. I did debate just skip going to his house all together but that thought went out the window when the first thing that happen when I got home was Liam yelling at me for taking to long and telling me how useless I was. Maybe spending the night at normans wasn't that bad of an idea.