34

Rays pov

Its the first day back to school. Norman and I woke up together and got ready. After we got dressed and ate breakfast we still had around 30 minutes to waist before we had to leave.

"So what do you want to do"? I asked and Norman shrugged and sat on the bed.

"Hey Ray when is your birthday"? Norman asked. "Um why do you ask"? I was kinda scared that he asked because if he finds out its in only a few days he'll probably be mad.

"I don't know I'm just looking for something to talk about. Mine is march 21".

"Oh um my birthdays um". I mumbled the day so he couldn't hear. Norman looked confused but pulled me on his lap. "Can you please speak up I can't understand when you mumble". I sighed. "I said my birthday is January 15".

"JANUARY 15. YOU MAN IN LIKE 3 DAYS". I knew this would be his reaction.  I nodded and he stood up and started pacing around the room.

"WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME SOONER. OH GOSH WE HAVE TO CELEBRATE.  DO YOU WANT A BIG PARTY OR JUST A FEW FREINDS OR JUST US".

"Norman"

WAIT NO THIS IS ARE FIRST TIME CELEBRATING YOUR BIRTHDAY TOGETHWR SO IT HAS TO BE SPECIAL MAYBE WE COUL-"

"Norman".

I called to Norman and he stopped and stared at me for a second. He sighed and sat down next to me again. "Sorry for freaking out I was just exited". I nodded and put my head on his shoulder. "Its fine also sorry for not telling you sooner I just don't really want to do anything special for my birthday".

Norman nodded. "I see so you'd rather it just be us". I nodded and Norman leaned down and kissed my forehead. 

We sat like that for awhile in a confertable silence. I pulled out my phone to check the time and saw it was almost time for us to leave. I showed Norman and we both got up and grabbed are bags to leave.

We walked to school hand in hand but when we got to the school gates I let his hand go. "Ray whats wrong"? I shook my head. "Its nothing I just kinda don't want to make are relationship public yet". Norman nodded and we both continued walking into school.

He left to talk to his freinds and I went to find mine. As I was looking suddenly I felt pressure on my back.

"Rayyyy I found youuuu".

I turned around and saw Tyler. He had his hands on my shoulder and a goofy smile. "Hi Tyler sorry I didn't ever text you I lost the paper with your number on it before I could type it in". Tyler nodded and handed me his phone. On the screen showed his phone number so I quickly typed it down.

"Thanks if I need help ill just text you" Tyler said and I nodded. I now Norman said not to hang out with Tyler but I still want to be polite.  I won't meet up with him or anything but if he needs help I'll help him.

I waved goodbye to Tyler and went to class. I saw Gilda and don on the way and said hello.

When I got to class I sat down. I remembered Emma wouldent be here for a few days because of the suspension so I just pulled a book out and read it through class. Call me a bookworm if you want but sometimes fictional characters can be better freinds then your real ones (I relate with this statement).

After the bell rang I went to the next class and sat next to Norman. The teacher walked in with a bottle.  It was labeled a type of water but it was obvious the bottle was full of something else. Even though I sat a good distance away from the teachers desk I could smell the alcohol and it reminded me of Liam. I hope moms doing ok. I wonder when she will break up with him.