Chapter 39- Sausages and eggs

HOLLY POV

Day two was a difficult day. My stomach was rumbling and begging me for food but everytime Yolanda or a guard would bring my food down I would ask them to place it on the ground. After they left I pushed the delicious food towards Ronda who was hesitant at first but agreed nonetheless. Day two I could feel the effect of the lack of food. This morning, Yolanda made a stack of fluffy waffles with a side of bacon and eggs. For the second meal of the day, a guard came down and gave me spaghetti with a side of meatballs and salad. Day two, Ronda and I talked mostly about why we hate the Loki show,

"Like why does he fall in love with himself?" I ask in disgust.

"It isn't exactly himself, he fell in love with a version of himself" Ronda counters.

"Still that is weird. Also his character changed throughout the show, like he wasn't as mischievous as he should be or as he is portrayed to be" I counter her statement.

Day three was a struggle. It is good to have company throughout this journey. Ronda is great company. I noticed that my body has become significantly weaker. My muscles on my arm are beginning to shrink and my face is losing its fullness. When Yolanda brought muffins and fruit for breakfast, I could barely push the plate towards Ronda. Ronda noticed and begged me to eat the food, but me being the stubborn little brat I am, declined. For the second meal of the day, a guard brought down seven slices of margherita pizza. This meal was hard not to eat, as margarita pizza is my favourite, the little dollop of cheese and the little leaf on top of a thin crust. It was harder to keep the conversation with Ronda as my energy was so low. It is hard to sleep at night as the thought of small insects crawling up my exposed body frightens me.

Day four was the worst. It was hard to get up from bed. I haven't used the washroom for four days, I don't like peeing in front of people. I barely talked to Ronda today as my lack of energy can be seen from a mile away. When Yolanda brought down breakfast I instructed her to place the plate closer to Ronda's cell as I could not push the plate with the lack of strength and energy. For breakfast, Yolanda made raspberry crepes. Ronda loved them and begged me to have some with her. For the second meal, a guard brought down three pieces of toasted bread that had avocado on top with a sprinkle of lemon juice, slat, and pepper. Day four I grew a cough, I can only assume the lack of food and the moldy air conditions brought this upon me. The nights are getting worse as the screams from other cells keep me up. I have noticed new cell mates enter with deathly injuries and they keep getting worse with the lack of care.

Today is day five. I have woken up again due to a terrible dream. I sat up against the cold brick wall as I tried to warm myself up with the small blanket. My body is covered in sweat yet I am freezing like a popsicle. I lean my head against the wall as my eyes begin to close due to the lack of sleep, I estimate I got around 2 hours of sleep.

I look over to Ronda's cell to see her washing her hands. She looks back at me and smiles then sits on her bed.

"How was your sleep?" Ronda questioned as she threw her blanket towards me. I gave her a grateful smile as I placed the blanket on top of me.

"Terrible. You?" I answered honestly

"Fine. Did you have a dream?" She questioned.

"Yes, how did you know?" I hope I wasn't screaming and keeping people up.

"You were talking, saying 'no' and 'please'. What was your dream about?" Ronda tries to pry information out of me. My brain is so slow I don't even notice my blanket falling off my body. I slowly pick my blanket that fell on the floor and bring it over my tucked in legs.

"My family" Cue, Dom Toretto entering.

"Mmm. How are you feeling today? You don't look too good." She scratches the back of her neck as she cracks her knuckles and neck.