Chapter 2- The darkness we can't see

HOLLY POV

"Always and forever," he promised as he walked out of the small apartment door. My father kissed me on the forehead as he left our home.

"I love you Dad," I yelled while walking to close the door.

He looked back over his broad shoulder, "I love you too"

Holly Mccoy is my name. And making money is my game.

God! I don't strip or anything. I work as a medical assistant for a big CEO who owns multiple companies including a medical facility which I work at. I work here to raise money for my education. I go to Cornell University to study chemistry and chemical biology. I got a lot of academic scholarships and soccer scholarships.

My father doesn't make a lot of money, but with the extra money I have, we try to pool our money. Maybe a small cottage off the coast of Victoria, Canada, with the tall grass tickling our feet and the shoreline whispering as we let ourselves be free. But dreams are meant to be perfect, that's why we escape to them so often. But, he never wanted to leave this place, he always said it reminded him of my mother, for this was her favorite hideaway.

I had two days off from work due to some event. I have this huge exam in fourteen days. I will be studying throughout next week.

As I exited the apartment I watched my father take the elevator down, then I closed the door behind me. I was never one for social interactions, too much... effort. Today was my day off, I had an extremely long shift the last two days causing me to work the weekend, which my father was not fond of.

As I walked back from the wooden door I went straight to the kitchen. It was small but it had everything we needed. I started to clean up around the apartment. I hated cleaning, but my mother always told me to play music because as Plato said 'music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of our soul'.

With that in mind, I connected my phone to the speaker and started to play The Weekend.

Best singer by far!

After listening to his songs on repeat, I finally finished cleaning the rest of the kitchen and started in the living room. Until I felt this weird feeling, this feeling of uncertainty as if something or someone was watching me. I brushed it off and I thought to my self 'Holly your on the fucking 9th floor with only a few windows looking outside, who would be looking at you' That slightly calmed me down even though that uneasy feeling was still with me, watching my every move.

This feeling was not going away no matter how much I convinced myself. I left the kitchen and made my way through the living room to the big window we have looking over some streets. I placed my hand on the cold window ledge sending goosebumps up my spine. I saw the regular; kids playing tag with each other, adults talking to one another, cars driving freely on the road. My goosebumps slowly started to fade away until my eyes trailed on this black stretched limousine surrounded by several black SUVs, it was black as midnight, with the windows having a tint so that even the night owls couldn't see-through.

This is nothing! Probably some preppy 16 years old getting a ride to her sweet 16. And besides, you and your father are perfect. He would have told you something. He wouldn't keep something from you. Right?

I kept waiting for the cars to do something, anything. All they did was sit there as if no life was found on it. It was almost as if people were petrified of what hid inside. My thought was finally interrupted when I heard a buzz on my phone, who was it?

I picked up my iPhone 8 and noticed a text from Dad:

Dad

Hey sweetheart,

I might be late for dinner tonight so just make something quick for yourself. I will most likely be home at 10:00 pm

Love you,

Forever

~~~~~~~~~

Weird, Dad has skipped dinner 2 times this week. Probably work going late, as he told me in the past.

Me

No worries! Be safe! I love you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And with that message sent I started to prepare a single dinner for myself. Whoever said one is the loneliest number, they were completely right. I checked the clock to see it was half-past five. Fuck! I must have been cleaning for a long time, I thought to myself.

Also, that sketchy-ass limousine has been parked outside for ages.

I got the pasta from the cabinet and started to boil some water. I'm not the best cook but I manage. While the water is boiling I grabbed the canned tomato sauce out of the upper cabinet

I know, I know. Canned tomato sauce. Good thing I don't know any Italians!

It was finally ready. I poured the red sauce on my pasta as I started to dig in. It was surprisingly decent, it wasn't a five-star plate of pasta but it was good.

The sauce was blood red. Just like my mother, her favorite color was red, only she wanted to swim in it.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Hello lovely people

I hope you liked the second chapter of 'The Crimson Point'

Words: 887

Please leave a comment and vote ;)